Site Sponsors

Thread: FS (Can/US) Nikon Coolscan V ED

Post Thanks / Like

FS (Can/US) Nikon Coolscan V ED

Have for sale a Nikon Coolscan V ED kit.

Includes slide feeder (MA-21), film feeder (SA-21) as well as factory manuals, cable and original Nikon software (though will want VueScan, etc., as MUCH faster and utterly painless vs. the Nikon software - no surprise there).

Bought it to scan some older slides for in-laws, something have been doing at a rate of a handful at a time when schedule permitted - and am literally down to the last slides. Total scan volume has been low. Unit has been under a dust cover in gear closet 99% of the time I've owned it. No box. NOT original owner.

Sucker works like a tank. NO issues whatsoever. The V ED and (the now even more ghastly spendy 5000ED, which I've also owned in past) are incredibly robust and reliable machines that do a great job. Just plug in, set your scan parameters via software of choice and feed it slides/film. No hiccups, brain-farts, chewed slides/film, nada. It just works all the time, every time.

I won't list all the particulars of the CS V ED, but basics are 4000dpi, 14bit, ED glass, Digital Ice, etc. (Nikon site link):

COOLSCAN V ED from Nikon

Price is CDN$925 net to me. Shipping by Canada Post using buyer's (fully insured) choice of service. Last scans should be finished today, would be able to get out Monday-Tuesday. Payment by PP, certified cheque, or if in Canada, EMT (save 3%).

References here, on FM as Conner999 (100%) or on eBay as Kumara999(100%)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS (Can/US) Nikon Coolscan V ED

Price dropped to CDN$895 net to me.
    Last edited by robmac; 25th February 2012 at 15:07.

Post Thanks / Like

ye olde bump

Post Thanks / Like

up

Post Thanks / Like

Bump.

Taking pics to list this sucker over weekend on that, shudder, auction site (hate using despite higher prices normally get), so if anyone's waffling and wants a nice 35mm scanner from a reputable seller (check here, on getdpi as robmac or on FM as Conner999)... Or an investment judging by the climbing prices for these things.. Listing will be a simple BIN (hate auctions) at, given prices of late, just under or around CDN$1K plus shipping, so call the current price a discount for an easier sale.

Some rough shipping approximations for those interested. These are based on enquiries I've had. All are insured for $900 and via Canada Post Xpress Post ir Int'l Air mail (www.canadapost.ca):

Weight: 4.5KG
    Dimensions: 15x12x14.5"

Eu:~C$180
    Russia: app. ~C$200
    US (CA): ~C$50-91 depending on service

Post Thanks / Like

Scanner moved to Ebay w/BIN of C$950+shipping.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180844951070?...#ht_794wt_1398

Post Thanks / Like

WTH - bump

Post Thanks / Like

Late Edit: After near-stroke having to deal with Ebay's "who the %^& designed this.." system (#$%^&), listing BIN price dropped to C$895 and will be renewed at such late Sunday if not sold by then.

That said, if a standing forum member wants to make an appealing offer, we can always discuss the shipping costs - or possible gear trades, etc.

Now where's my martini shaker?

-----
    Member's PM (thank you) got my cursiosity piqued, so re-ran my average completed auction listings data for a clean CS V ED kit.

No real reason posting this, but some might find it interesting. I did, as still amazed at how prices on scanners, especially MF scanners, have soared.

At time of my original forum listing, the average completed price for auctions after excluding 3-4 "are you nuts...!?" prices > $1200 and "great deal" ones < $600 (NR auctions where seller rolled the dice), the average over app. 13 done deals was roughly my original asking price (+ shipping of course).

Now, re-running the completed average including latest 10 or so completed auctions, excluding the outliers (see below however) the average over some 20 done deals drops to $910 ish.

Now, if you do an "I wonder...?" and INCLUDE the 3-5 curve outliers < $600 (one as low as $475) and > $1200 (as high as $1240), the average drops slightly to $840 ish.

I'll tweak my OA listing if/when comes for renewal to probably just under the new normalized average to stay current as it were; but scanners as an 'investment'.. who'd have thought? I don't even look at MF scanner prices. Scary stuff.
    Last edited by robmac; 24th March 2012 at 16:51.

Post Thanks / Like

Listing was renewed on auction site for for C$895 BIN/OBO + shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_724wt_1398

Pick up a great well-respected unit at a fair price, put it through it's paces and probably re-sell it for same or more money when project finished. Not often you can say that in todays fast-depreciating gear market.
    Last edited by robmac; 26th March 2012 at 04:25.