The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS / FT: Leica M2 KS-15(4)

ark8012

Here is my beloved M2 KS-15(4). I never thought I will sell this speical M2, but I really want to try 0.58x viewfinder body...

Here is a description about this speical M2.

========================================================
This is very rare version of M2. Only 875 units were produced for the U.S. Military during Vietnam War, which later became the M2-R designated for civilian use.
The valid serial # range is: 1163150-1163770 & 1164046-1164300.
The M2 KS-15(4) is considerably rarer -- five stars in the leica guide as opposed to four for the M2-R.
========================================================

Read this thread for more information about the M2 KS-15(4).

Leica M2- S rapid load camera - Photo.net Leica and Rangefinders Forum

Leica M2 KS-15(4)

I think you will not see the M2 KS-15(4) again on the sale market in several years.
It is really hard to find this version of M2 because 1) only small number of units were produced and 2) most units were beat up in the Vietnam War.
This is your chance to own the beutiful M2 KS-15(4). This one has very late serial number (1164280), in last 20 units.

This M2 KS-15(4) recently got CLA'd and still under warranty.
Cosmetically the camera is in very good condition. Check photos. There are only a few bight marks. Very two small impressions and marks on the top, probably by Leica meter.
A small peice of leather was missing under lens mount, so it was recovered (only the small peice) during CLA. Other than that, everything works fine.

I am asking $1900 paypaled. Shipping is actual cost by buyer. I can ship to international by EMS.

I am also looking for a possible trade with Leica M body with 0.58x viewfinder, or 35mm or wider M mount lens.

Please PM me if you are interested. Feel free to ask questions if you have.

Last edited: