The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTS - Canon 35mm f2 ltm

newghost

For sale is a nice copy of the Canon 35mm f2 (ltm) type I in screw mount. Comes with generic front cap + rear lens cap. Item is in Singapore and I'm asking SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Glass is clean. No haze, no oil, no fungus. Unless you really scrutinise, you'll probably not find much cleaning marks. Some internal dust inevitably for this vintage lens. Focus ring is slightly on the stiff side, I could still focus fast enough on my M9 and find it no biggie really. Aperture ring clicks solid. You’ll also find very minor paint loss on the lens barrel. This is in black and shiny if you love black paint! The condition of this lens is really nice and I try to describe as accurately, if not hopefully, conservatively. Pics to follow...

Often referred to as the Japanese cron, the lens is tack sharp in the center and provides highly contrasty images. This is one of those lenses that gives a swirly bokeh rendition when shot wide open.

Interested parties please PM or email me at 1newghost at gmail dot com. thanks!

Last edited:

iver aldas

Nice item! Goodluck with the sale. I'm just curious. How do you distinguish the different versions of this lens?

newghost

Thanks mate! Guess you found it anyway... haha

Left is Type II and right is Type I... if i'm not wrong, apart from the lens coating, the optical formula remains unchanged :)

Last edited: