The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS- Black Leica M9 - User- $4300

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone, it's with much hesitation and nerves that I am selling my previous "user" Leica M9. The time has come to pass this guy, who's served me well, to a new home where someone will love and use it. I purchased this from Willougby's in 12/2009 (original receipt of purchase is included), and I am the sole owner. It has performed flawlessly since that time.

I would call the condition of this camera "good" by B&H/Adorama/KEH standards, as it's definitely seen use. In the next post, I have presented images that try to show it all. The body has been carried at all times with a Gordy's strap, which I am including with the sale, and encased in a Luigi case (not included). There's a fair bit of wear on the top plate, including a small ding (thanks to a lens bonk) and paint wear on the edges, but the vulcanite and baseplate are pristine, and the baseplate continues to be covered by it's plastic cover. The rear LCD is protected by a Schott glass cover, but the actual plastic screen underneath has a scratch. The sensor is in good order, no h/o cracks or breaks, but probably could use a cleaning due to dust. I did my best with a Giotto's blower, but it'll benefit from a wet cleaning. Mechanically, the camera is outstanding and has served me well for 2.5 years now, since 12/2009. It's never had any major hickups and has never needed a service.

I am including a user, brassed Thumbs Up CSEP-1 grip with cold shoe, all original boxing, chargers, cables, manuals, 1 battery, and the original grey shipment box. THe only thing that it won't come with is a lightroom license, as that's been used.

I am pricing this at the lowest I have seen an M9 go for, at $4300 (checked ebay and here), due to the cosmetic condition of the camera. The pictures are a "harsh look" at the camera, which, in reality has a nice charm to it and looks better. That being said, this is a user body.

Here are images on Flickr of the camera and goods.
M9 sale - a set on Flickr

PRICE: $4300 plus shipping within the CONUS by UPS (insured), total cost $4350 including shipping within CONUS

I am pricing this for CONUS only sale. I only accept Bank checks, NO PAYPAL. I will consider a personal check if you have a long buy-sell record here. I have perfect buy-sell feedback here, so look me up, and you'll see that I have priced items fairly and often.

In case you are wondering, I am selling to free up funds for other camera gear, and I have another M9 body that's not getting much use and deserves to. So this one is going.

ashwinrao1

Here are some representiative images

Brassing:

Small ding on top plate

Scratch on rear LCD, behind the Giottos screen protector

V

Vivek

I am very impressed by the images, Ashwin! :thumbs:

This is the first time I see an used M9 camera!