The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS- Leica Summicron-C 40 mm f/2 with hood and caps -

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone,
In the tradition of spring cleaning, my loss is your gain. Up for sale is my cosmetically excellent, clean glass Leica Summicron-C 40 mm f/2 lens in Leica M mount. This lens is fantastic cosmetically. there is a very slight wobble in the focussing knob, that doesn't affect performance, and some moderate stiffness in the focussing wheel. In a sense, the lens should probably go for a CLA at some point, though it performs very well. I purchased the lens for my GXR, and it got some use there, but as the GXR is sold, next up is this lens.

I have the original Leica rubber hood, hood cap, and rear cap. I also have an optional hood. I used a 39 mm filter, which does screw on to the filter thread into a secure position and I will include that as well

These are selling for over $780 at KEH.

My price is $580, shipping included. I don't do Paypal, so a personal or cashier's/bank check will work fine. I will ship within CONUS only. I have perfect buy-sell feedback here and at GetDPI

Pics later this evening...

Thanks for looking!

ashwinrao1

Okay, Picture time. Cosmetics are really nice for this lens. FYI, I am including 2 different hoods: the original and a aftermarket metal, as well as a b+w UV filter. Optics are pristine. Aperture ring is great. Focus ring is stiff, and focus knob/tab has a slight wobble. Everything works great, just full disclaimer...