The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS:Leica M3 + 50mm Summicron "Rigid" Excellent user, both CLA'd in 2011

kosta_dm

For sale today is my favourite camera:

Leica M3, serial number 897xxx double stroke. It's an excellent user grade camera - has some marks on the top plate and around the lens mount but overall in excellent mechanical condition. This was CLA'd in May last year by Youxin Ye and it's the nicest Leica I've felt. Far quieter and smoother than my friend's M4 and my M2. The focus patch isn't quite as bright as my m2 but still very useable. no dust or dirt in the finder - clean and clear and perfectly aligned.

To go with it is a 50mm Summicron Rigid which was CLA'd/overhauled by Focal Point Camera (John did an excellent job!). it has minor blemishes and the glass is not perfect, but it takes fine images and is plenty sharp at all apertures. Mechanically perfect. Scale in meters.
Samples:
niko doing dishes | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
pre-requisites for fishing | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
le macaron | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm shooting a 35mm lens for a year and I don't keep shelf cameras so this needs to go to someone who can use it.

I am only selling this as a set, with A&A brown leather strap and CQ rewind lever + original film spool for $1750AUD + Paypal + shipping. (Shipping estimate: $100AUD express and insured to USA)

I do have good feedback on here, on APUG as "Kosta" and eb@y as djkostadm.

This is ready to go to someone who wants to use a great camera and lens. A classic pair that will be sorely missed and has served me well for the last year.

Last edited: