The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Rollei X-Act2 System

PSon

For my upcoming projects I acquired 2 Sinar 54H + 1 Sinar 75LV + 1 Sinar Hy6 + 1 Sinar m + 1 SinarCam2 + a couple of the Hasselblad Superachromat lens and thus some of my equipments has to go:

Rollei X-Act2 System
Condition: Excellent (again, I want to keep the conservative rating here)
Price: $5000 for the whole system including all the accessories (The accessories including in this package alone is $3196)

Including the following items below:
Rollei X-Act 2 Bellows Camera
Mfr#66451
B&H# ROXA2BK
Price: $4,299.00
• Monorail Camera
• Bellows
• Front and Rear Standards
• Optical Bench
• Base Tube
• Sustainer
• One-Year Warranty
Focusing
Focusing with two self-locking precision drives each with 2.7" (67.5 mm) travel, Vernier reading with an accuracy of 0.002" (0.05 mm)
Shifts
Horizontal/vertical displacement on lens standard and rear standard: +/- 15 mm, self-locking with 0.25° reading accuracy, precision drive, positionally constant axis point
Bellows extension
Effective 2.3-7.6" (59-194 mm), measured from lens flange to film plane
Tilt
Horizontal tilt range of both standards: +/- 15°, self-locking with 0.25° reading accuracy, precision drive, positionally constant axis point
Swings
Vertical swing range on lens standard and rear standard: +/- 15° with 0.5° reading accuracy
Dimensions
14.4 x 7.3 x 9.3" (365 x 185 x 235 mm (LWH)
Weight
9.5 lb (4.3 kg) plus lens and back
X-Act 2 Bellows Camera - Rollei's X-Act2 bellows camera is an innovative system camera for the digital workflow and for traditional medium-format roll film photography. The compact monorail camera is compatible with the Rolleiflex 6000 system accessories and offers every conceivable adjustment option for perspective correction, avoidance of converging verticals, extension of depth of field and many other aspects of creative photography.
Standard bellows interchangeable for wide-angle bellows, and recessed lens panel with bellows. Maximum freedom for unlimited perspective and focus control, collision-free center shift via base block.

ACCESSORIES:
1. Rollei Flexible Arm With Ball-and-Socket Head for the Lens Control S for the X-Act Camera
Mfr#66473
B&H# ROFALCS
Price: $140.00
The Rollei Flexible Arm With Ball-and-Socket Head for the Lens Control S allows you to connect the Lens Control S to the X-Act camera. With it, you can manipulate the Lens Control S to a more convenient working position and then holding it stationary. Allows working angles otherwise unachievable when hand-held.

2. Rollei PanShot Swivelling Device for X-Act Cameras
Mfr#66455
B&H# ROPSSD
Price: $1,299.00
The beauty of the Rollei Panshot is that it allows you to efficiently mount a digital back directly onto the X-Act II. This intermediate device saves you the time of having to assemble/disassemble the X-Act camera in order to fit a digital system.

3. Rollei Basic Adapter for Using Other Backs on the X-Act Camera
Mfr#66463
B&H# ROBAXA
Price: $599.00
The Rollei Basic Adapter for Using Other Backs on the X-Act Camera is for using the X-Act in combination with other camera backs.

4. Magazine Adapter for Hasselblad - fits X-Act Cameras
Mfr#66465
B&H# ROAH
Price: $799.00
The Rollei Magazine Adapter for Hasselblad allows the use of Hasselblad film or digital backs on the X-Act camera system.

5. Rollei Wide Angle Bellows for X-Act Camera and X-Act Bellows Lens Hood
Mfr#66453
B&H# ROWB
Price: $359.00
The Rollei Magazine Adapter for Hasselblad allows the use of Hasselblad film backs on the X-Act camera system.

PeterA

Re: FS: Rollei X-Act2 System

Son I am very interested in this system - do you have any lenses ? I will PM you.

Pete

PSon

Peter,
I do have the Rollie Shutter No. 0 and the Rodenstock Apo Sinaron 5.6/135 if you like. I sent you the PM with further information.
Son

PeterA

Thanks Son,

I have replied to your reply with a coupel of questions :)

pete

PSon

Peter,
I have responded to you as well. I very sure I can get the Hasselblad 205TCC, Mamiya RZ67, and Rollei X-ACt2 all works on the same digital sensor (Sinar 54H) for you. I have all of the adapters with backing up adapters.
Son

PeterA

Son,
I have returned your PM -:) HAHAH too funny! ( but interesting)

fotografz

Son, would you consider selling the Xact Bellows Lens Hood separately?

-Marc

PSon

Marc, I do not have the X-Act2 lens hood. But I did forget to say that I do have the regular bellows as well which is included and since Peter is interested in the whole system I would like to keep them together since they are not easy to find apart. This is a painful decision since the Rollei X-Act2 is incredible for multi-shot backs which works best with the electronic shutters and in this case I also have the Rollei electronic shutters with the Apo Sinaron 5.6/135 which I will throw in for a cheap price as I mentioned to Peter.

Best Regards,
-Son

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

This is a very nice camera to work with Digital. I owned one for about two years, and it saw lots of use in the field let me tell you. I give it very high marks, as I do it's seller Son! :thumbs:

PSon

Thank you Chuck for the kind endorsement.

Peter, I sent the pm back to you already but I am in the library today so I will not be able to respond more till tonight my time. I also suggest that we email since pm is limited to word counts and your email and mine are simply too long.

Best Regards,
-Son

fotografz

Thank you Son.

I can toss in a strong endorsement for the Rollei Xact also ... it's my main camera in studio ... to the point that I rarely ever use the H3D-II/39 body since the 39 digital back is mounted on the Rollei most of the time :thumbup:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I wish I could have bought this myself. Is this sold now, I will mark it as such

PSon

thanks Marc and Guy this system is one of the most versatile system for medium format digital sensors. For example, you can use the Leaf new digital sensor with this PC system.

PSon

Since the Rollei X-Act2 has so many accessories and thus are quite flexible I would like to also educate this topic here. Below are the first two images of this system as a whole integration. I will continue to update as time permit. Thus expect to see the following: 1. The Whole Integration of the System in multiple platforms, 2. Front end, 3. Rear ends and again the integration of the front and rear ends.

PSon

Part I: Rollei X-Act2 Integration as a whole system in multi-platforms:

Last edited:

PSon

Part II: Front Ends
1. Using Rollei Electronic Shutters (Electronic shutters are essential for multishots digital back like the Sinar 54H in master mode). Here you can mount the Rollei Electronic Shutter in front with all of the digital lens that are available for this system from Rodenstock. Below is an example of this scenario:

2. The X-Act2 can also takes Rollei 6008/Hy6 Lens via the lens adapter plate. This system allow the great Rollei lens to be used without having to buy into a complete Rollei 6008 or Hy6 system. Below are two images of this scenario with the Rollie 55PCS lens mounted. The PCS lens will add its own flexibility due to its huge image circle and its tilt and shift in both horizontal and vertical at the same time (talk about flexibility):

In both situations, the lens are controlled by the Rollei Lens Control S unit demonstrate here below:

PSon

Part IIIa. Rollei X-Act2 Rear Ends
The Rollei X-Act2 can use multiple mediums (digital or film backs) and multi-platforms via an adapter interphase. Below are two examples:

1. The Rollei X-Act2 system can use the Rollei 6008 AF and Hy6 645 Film magazine back (the back can be mounted in portrait or landscape mode; very useful and efficient) or Digital sensor with Rollei 6008 interphase. The Rollei X-Act2 provide the focus mechanism via the Rollei PanShot Swivelling Device:

PSon

Part IIIb. Rollei X-Act2 Rear Ends
The Rollei X-Act2 can use multiple mediums (digital or film backs) and multi-platforms via an adapter interphase. Below are two examples:

2. The Rollei X-Act2 system can also other system such as digital back with Hasselblad V and H interphase. The Hasselblad film back can also be used. In addition, the Hasselblad magnifying hood and prism can also be used to view the focus and composition. In addition, since the Hasselblad PME metering prism has a built in meter system that is separate from the body, all of these prism can be used to get exposure value especially when the system is extended in macro work scenarios. One caution, the metering will not be effective if the system is tilted and shift.