The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M6 - MP Modification - Recent CLA by Sherry Krauter

S

sully75

Hello there,

I have a very nice M6 for sale. It's very, very clean. It's definitely been touched by human hands, and if you look closely, there is a tiny scratch on the top plate, currently there are fingerprints, tiny bits of dust in the corner, etc. That said, it's way too clean for me to want to handle it regularly. Excellent, excellent +? I hate to try to grade Leicas because I think the people that buy them are pickier than most but it's basically a very clean camera with no damage or wear other than the above mentioned minor scratches and fingerprints.

Everything functions perfectly as far as I can tell. I had Sherry Krauter do the MP modification to this camera, which increases the contrast in the viewfinder frame significantly. You can google it, it's always recomended with these cameras. The viewfinder is every bit as awesome as it is reputed to be. All shutter speeds sound great. Winding is great. Have not used it with a flash so I can't comment on that. No caps.

So functionally, it's perfect. It's been totally overhauled by Sherry, as well, so that's all new lube everywhere. It's ready to go. Hopefully in your bag and not your display case, because even though it's so nice, it's also a great, great camera to use. $2000+paypal fees+S&H and insurance.

I'm new to this site, but have bought and sold many times on APUG and Large Format Photography Forum (same username) and have 100% positive feedback on ebay. Here's a link to my profile.

N

New.Trev

Yeah, seems like the price was way too high. The MP modification is nice to use, but you won't get that money back when selling, sadly. I just had mine done as well. Good luck!

S

sully75

$1200 + paypal fees + insurance + S&H (bump)

For the record, if you buy another body, the CLA and MP modification will cost you $360. So...I think this is a reasonable buy. I'm in no hurry to sell, I may end up buying a CV lens for it but if you are interested let me know.

Back up.

S

sully75

A lot of interest at the moment but no full bites. Bump.

$1200 + paypal fees + insurance + S&H (bump)