Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

    Box opened to make sure contents are there.

    However, camera has never been taken out of it's plastic packaging. So it is like new in box.

    I am in Canada, but if I sell to a USA member, I can ship it from WITHIN USA, so duties and taxes will not be an issue for you.
    It would be shipped from Niagara Falls, NY zip: 14303 if sold to a USA member.

    Also, a sale in Canada would be fine.

    I can personally deliver this from Toronto, ON to Niagara Falls, NY area, and anywhere in-between.

    My cost was $1921 after taxes.

    I am selling it for cost. I will cover shipping.
    Any paypal fees you must pay, or cash in person.

    If it is an in person meet, I will let it go for an even $1900

    I have excellent (100%) feedback here, and on FM, and on ebay.
    Last edited by sidmuer; 2nd April 2012 at 08:56.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brampton, ON Canada
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 bnib

    There should be no taxes or duties shipping from Canada to the US so the only thing you gain shipping from within the US is time...delivery would be faster. Nice camera BTW.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 bnib

    Quote Originally Posted by CVickery View Post
    There should be no taxes or duties shipping from Canada to the US so the only thing you gain shipping from within the US is time...delivery would be faster. Nice camera BTW.
    You are right.
    It is duty free for cameras and lenses.

    However, I don't think it's tax free. So if I shipped it from Canada and declared the full value ( which I'd like to do since I'd ship this insured considering what it is ) there would still be the local state taxes added on.

    Correct me if I am wrong. I am going off common sense. Too lazy to google!

    Looks awesome. A little too pricey for me, and my x100 does it for me right now.

    Also, I can include a 35mm 1.4 lens, or all 3, or any of the fuji lenses if you need one at cost too. I would just go buy it locally and ship it with the cam

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

    I've edited this post. Please review buy/sell rules. Only dealers can list something as brand new in box. Dealers can't sell on this part of the forum.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I've edited this post. Please review buy/sell rules. Only dealers can list something as brand new in box. Dealers can't sell on this part of the forum.

    Thanks Terry.
    Sorry about that.
    I basically got buyers remorse and don't want to just dump it back to my local shop.
    And I don't mind keeping my credit card points ( offsets the $20 loss basically )

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

    There are a few really antsy people over at DPReview that you can probably email directly if you don't find a buyer here right away.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    There are a few really antsy people over at DPReview that you can probably email directly if you don't find a buyer here right away.
    Thanks terr...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brampton, ON Canada
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 bnib

    Quote Originally Posted by sidmuer View Post
    You are right.
    It is duty free for cameras and lenses.

    However, I don't think it's tax free. So if I shipped it from Canada and declared the full value ( which I'd like to do since I'd ship this insured considering what it is ) there would still be the local state taxes added on.

    Correct me if I am wrong. I am going off common sense. Too lazy to google!

    Looks awesome. A little too pricey for me, and my x100 does it for me right now.

    Also, I can include a 35mm 1.4 lens, or all 3, or any of the fuji lenses if you need one at cost too. I would just go buy it locally and ship it with the cam
    Actually Sid, unlike Canada, they don't collect tax either...there may be a local requirement to report it on their tax return, but that applies regardless of where it is shipped from. I've sent quite a bit of equipment south of the border and AFAIK no one has ever paid tax or duty on delivery. Doesn't work that way coming north unfortunately

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 bnib

    Quote Originally Posted by CVickery View Post
    Actually Sid, unlike Canada, they don't collect tax either...there may be a local requirement to report it on their tax return, but that applies regardless of where it is shipped from. I've sent quite a bit of equipment south of the border and AFAIK no one has ever paid tax or duty on delivery. Doesn't work that way coming north unfortunately
    Thanks very much!
    Good to know!
    That means I can ship it from here. I still prefer to ship from within USA when I need to go there anyways, since it's cheaper and faster. But good to know when I don't need to cross boarder.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

    price adjustment:

    $1860 shipped to your door. (+ any paypal fees )

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

    another price dip
    $1825. + pp fees.
    Shipped to your door.
    USA or Canada.

    No PP fees if you can find way to pay me without fees.
    (PP gift, CASH, EMT, face to face meet, etc.. )

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Socorro, NM
    Posts
    404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 bnib

    Quote Originally Posted by CVickery View Post
    Actually Sid, unlike Canada, they don't collect tax either...there may be a local requirement to report it on their tax return, but that applies regardless of where it is shipped from. I've sent quite a bit of equipment south of the border and AFAIK no one has ever paid tax or duty on delivery. Doesn't work that way coming north unfortunately
    This is not particularly true cause I had to pay customs tax on a recent purchase from Canada (about $1500). I think the amount of the package has to be under a certain limit to be duty and tax free.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brampton, ON Canada
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 bnib

    Quote Originally Posted by hiepphotog View Post
    This is not particularly true cause I had to pay customs tax on a recent purchase from Canada (about $1500). I think the amount of the package has to be under a certain limit to be duty and tax free.
    Cameras and lenses are rated at 0% duty rate (per tarriff code):
    35mm SLR Film Cameras -- Duty free (#9006.51.00)
    Digital Cameras -- Duty free (#8525.80.40, #8525.80.50)
    Lenses -- Duty free (#9002.11.90)

    Accessories may be different. If you paid duty it was probably an error in classification and you may be eligible for a refund. Duty is imposed by the federal government and is subject to international treaties and as such the treatment should be uniform across the US.

    There is the possibility that you were charged and state or local sales tax...this is generally supposed to be reported and collected with the individual tax returns, but there are far too many possible taxes there to be a definitive answer...only that this doesn't seem to be collected by the carrier most situations.

    Finally there is the possibility that the shipping company charged you a fee for processing the paperwork and collecting the $0 of duty...UPS has a nasty habit of doing this to us.

    Trouble is, the description of what you are charged is often poorly worded, so you don't know what you've paid or if it's correctly calculated.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

    here's another drop...
    $1799 shipped (plus any PP fees you need to cover. PP gift is fine)

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: fs: Fuji X-pro1 lnib

    $1799 and we SPLIT Paypal fees.
    Includes shipping in CONUS or CANADA

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •