The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Minolta 5400ii film scanner -- one of the best for 35mm!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have a mint+++ Minolta 5400-ii film scanner. This scanner does an outstanding job on 35mm film, both B&W and color, neg or tranny -- but if you're looking at this ad you probably already know what it is :) (If you aren't sure, Google it and you'll find it is a highly sought after 35mm film scanner.) Anyway, I am considering selling mine so I can buy a scanner that does MF as well as 35.

This scanner regularly sells for over $900 on eBay, several have sold for over $1000 due to their popularity. Mine is in mint condition, works perfectly and has the regular strip and mounted slide carriers. I figured I'd post it on eBay for a $1000 buy-it-now, but decided I'd offer to my friends here first for $900 in case somebody here wants it.

Let me know via PM!

Irenaeus

Re: FS: Minolta 5400ii film scanner -- one of the best for 35mm!

Dear Jack,

I'm interested, though surprised that the Model II is selling for so much more than the plain 5400 (one of which, I think I remember, recently sold on eBay in the $400 plus range.) Nevertheless, this forum has been great for me, I'm grateful to you and Guy for hosting it and, more to the point, I trust your judgement. Whatever you'd think would be a fair price for both you and the buyer, I'd agree to. If that's $900, okay.

Cheers,

Irenaeus

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Hi Irenaeus:

Yes the 5400II is more popular than the first version because of the current support by Minolta -- for example, the current software works on Mac Leoapard, etc. More to the point is the fact the older version now sells regularly for over $600, so indeed, I do think $900 is actually a very good deal for the version 2!

If you want it, please PayPal me $925 to cover US shipping and I'll eat the PayPal fees. PayPal email is jack-at-getdpi-dot-com. Assuming payment arrives today or tomorrow, I can ship the scanner out on Monday.

Thanks,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

The scanner is SOLD!