The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: 2-Drobos For Sale w/drives

Don Libby

I've decided that my pair of Drobos aren't fast enough for me and have ordered a new RAID system.

DROBO One: Holds up to 4-drives and has 2-800 Firewire ports and a USB 2.0 port. I currently have 2-2tb drives, a 500 and a 750.

What you get: The Drobo, power cord and 2-2tb WD drives (1-WD Caviar Black - 1-WD Caviar Green)

Price: $250 plus shipping. I prefer payment with PayPal and will of course pick up the fees.

DROBO Two: This is the Drobo S, 5 drive bays, 1-eSATA, 2-800 Firewire and 1-USB 2.0. I currently have 5 WD 2TB drives in this machine and believe them all to be WD Caviar Green.

What you get: The Drobo, power cord and all 5 drives.

Price: $600 plus shipping. Again I prefer payment via PayPal and will pick up the fees.

I'm right in the middle of a print job and don't have time to transfer the files to the new system and then reformat the drives. That said I feel the earliest I'll be able to ship this to you will be mid next week (April 18th).

Don

In case anyone is wondering - I picked up a G-Safe for traveling and like it so much I also ordered the S-Speed Q for the studio.

Don Libby

This is an attempt to answer some general questions that have been raised.

The condition of the Drobos are very good to like new. These have been sitting in my studio and never dropped or abused. The smaller Drobo is the oldest one and I think I've had that one for over 2-years. The Drobo S is the newer one and has been around for about 18 months.

The drives have been in the machines since I first begin using them and have never given me a moments trouble.

There is no box nor is anything else included other than what I included in the original post other than the booklet for each machine.

As far as warranties go - there is none.

Hope this helps.

Don

Don Libby

The Drobo S has been sold. (thanks Brad)

The smaller 4-drive Drobo w/2-2tb drives are still for sale at $250.00 plus shipping.

Don