The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

90mm Apo Aspheric Summicron-M 6-bit with Box, Case, Caps

jnewell

Leica 90mm Summicron-M Apo Aspheric lens for digital and film Leica rangefinders. Includes original box, leather case, Leica caps. Lens flange was machined for Leica 6-bit coding by John Milch. $3975 including free shipping to the lower 48 states.

Optics are clean with no scratches, cleaning marks, haze, fungus, coating issues or other blemishes or damage. The lens has very minor internal dust.

Mechanically perfect, with smooth focusing action and crisp, firm aperture detents. Aperture blades are clean and dry and do not show any bright marks from use. Lens hood extends and collapses correctly. This lens was CLA'd by DAG several years ago to cure what Don called "sticktion" (sticky friction) in the focusing helix, which made accurate focusing almost impossible. The focus is smooth and perfectly dampened now. The lens flange was machined for Leica 6-bit coding by John Milch and accurately sends lens information to my M8.

Cosmetics are very nice but not perfect. There are bright marks showing on the edges of the aperture ring and one or two small bright marks on the focusing ring. The pictures below show a lot of dust, so take a careful look - the pinpoint bright spots are all or nearly all dust.

The bottom line is that if you are willing to use a lens that is less than 100% mint, this lens will not embarrass you in any setting other than a gathering of collectors who don't use their equipment. The reason it is for sale is that I'm not going to upgrade to an M9 and the effective 120mm focal length on my M8 is simply too long for my uses.

Payment by bank money order. US sale preferred; overseas shipping is possible but very expensive with tracking and insurance, so may not be economical. I can provide 100% positive eBay feedback going back 15 years. Please contact me by PM with any questions. Thanks for looking.