The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB lenses for Pentax 645D - 35 A & 55 FA

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone,
After a bit of homework, here are the lenses that I am looking for, specifically for the Pentax 645D. I'd prefer lenses in mint or near mint condition, with boxes/paperwork if available.

Pentax 35 mm f/3.5, either A or FA versions
Pentax 55 mm f/2.8 FA lens

Please PM me if you have either of these lenses....I have prices in mind, but will take your offer and we can discuss. Buy-sell history here or RFF/elsewhere preferred.

I can offer personal checks or bank checks. I don't use PayPal, sorry. I prefer CONUS purchase. I have perfect buy-sell feedback here. I have emailed a few folks who have posted lenses or 645 kits recently, so I hope to here from everyone soon. Please send me information with lens condition, included boxes/packaging/pouches, and your proposed price and shipping cost.

All the best,
Ashwin

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Re: WTB lenses for Pentax 645D -35, 45-85 FA, 55 FA, 300 A

No longer in the market for the 300 f/4, as I was able to procure a new old stock 400 m f/5.6 FA lens...it's a beast, but it's crispy!

I'm still looking for a 35 mm f/3.5 A & 55 mm f/2.8 FA ....

Thanks to Aboud and Dave (D&A) for some serious help and insights into lens kit-ology...that'll suit my needs

Last edited:

D&A

Re: WTB lenses for Pentax 645D -35, 45-85 FA, 55 FA, 300 A

No longer in the market for the 300 f/4, as I was able to procure a new old stock 400 m f/5.6 FA lens...it's a beast, but it's crispy!.
So the FA 400 f5.6 645 lens is um....."Crispy"? Hmmm, I guess as opposed to the FA 300 f4 645 lens being a bit more "tender and juicy" in nature? Well neverless both are certainly delicious....LOL!

Ashwin,I love it.... you made my day! :)

Serious though, congradulations on obtaining a very fine lens and NOS at that!!! It is a beast but no more so than the FA 300. Both very fine performing lenses, different from each other yet each extremely capable. Nice!

Dave (D&A)

ashwinrao1

Re: WTB lenses for Pentax 645D - 35 A , 55 FA, 150 FA

LOL....THanks for all of the advice, Dave. I did a bit of revisionist history to update my list of wants, based on your amazing post and bit more reading.

The new old stock 400 at a solid price was the clincher...The 300 seemed a bit more well regarded, per report, wide open, a bit faster, but a heavier. I was surprised by the lower weight of the 400. It's not heavy at all...And I was able to get sharp results hand-held at 1/400 shutter speed....though this lens would primarily see a tripod, and mirror lock up vs remote shutter utilization....

D&A

Re: WTB lenses for Pentax 645D - 35 A , 55 FA, 150 FA

Ashwin, thanks for the kind words. The FA 400 f5.6 was the 1st long lens I tested with the 645D and I was immediately impressed right off the bat with its performance. You're going to get some really great shots with it no doubt.

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on my test evaluation of the Pentax A*600 f5.6 lens used on the 645D. Talk about a beast of a lens....it makes both the FA 300 and FA 400 645 lenses both seem pocketable...LOL.

Can't wait till we see some of your great shots with the 645 D!

Dave (D&A)

ashwinrao1

Hi All,
Still looking....at the moment, my priorities are

SMC-FA 150 mm f/2.8 for Pentax 645
SMC-F or FA 35 mm f/3.5 for Pentax 645

My lowest priority is the 55 mm f/2.8 SMC-FA weather sealed lens....

Anyone have one sitting around? I'll put it to good use...

ashwinrao1

I'm down to needing a 35 mm f/3.5 A lens for the 645D. If anyone has one to sell at a reasonable price, I'd be game...