The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 1952 Jupiter-8, adapted to Leica Mount

Brian S

For sale is a 1952 KMZ 5cm F2 Jupiter-8 with new front-element and mounted in a much later chrome Leica Thread Mount focus module, EX condition. Glass is near perfect- inner groups are original and look like German glass, as used in my KMZ J-3’s of this period. I disassembled this lens, flood-cleaned the aperture blades, lubed the helical, and custom shimmed it for the Leica. The aperture blades look good, focus is very smooth. I replaced the original front element which was scratched with one from a 1957s lens. I tried out four different front elements to get the lens to be as sharp as it is now. It is one of the best J-8’s that I have used. This lens is optimized for wide-open and close-up use on the Leica. The example shots are with my M9. It focuses properly to infinity even at F2. This is an exceptionally good J-8.

Robert Chisholm posted an article on two Jupiter lenses that I worked on here:

JUPI-WHAT? Shooting Jupiter Lenses on the Leica M9 by Robert Chisholm | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Price: $140 shipped within the United States first Class Mail, $150 anywhere via first class international, $160 anywhere else via International Priority Mail. Paypal, Personal Check, Money Order. I reserve the right to hold shipment until check/MO clears. Return policy: returns must be made within 10 days, refund for the price of the item will be given after receipt. Postage cost is not refundable. If you need an IR/UV filter, I will sell the B&W 40.5mm filter for an additional $30. Filter only offered with the lens.

At F2 on the M9:

100% crop

F2:

100% crop. I nailed the shim on this lens.

Distance at F2:

100% crop:

Infinity at F4:

100% crop