The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica m9 top and bottom plates (steel grey)

JPizzzle

Hey all,
The top and bottom plates have brassing and scratched in certain spots-most notably in the front in between the rangefinder window and illumination window. I would describe them as being in "fair-good" condition. No dents or major scrapes.

I should have pics up in the next couple of days-anyone interested please send an offer-not sure how much to price this-brand new the plates are almost 1k from Leica.

Thanks,

JP

JPizzzle

Hey all-I was notified to post a price-so i'm asking $500 for the top and bottom plate or best offer. Pics will be up later today! Thanks

JP

JPizzzle

Hey all,
So attached are the pics of the top and base plate. Obviously not in great condition-but maybe it will suit someone's needs. Again I did not know how to price-so not sure if this is too low or high-I will entertain offers. Thanks!

JP

JPizzzle

Only on the right side on the edge of the window-not in the middle.
There appears to be a small mark on the actual viewfinder coating-it looks like they did that during the upgrade. It might be able to be polished out as it seems to be surface and not deep. In looking through the viewfinder it does not appear in the field of view. Thanks

JP

JPizzzle

Still available- this might be a good purchase for someone who would like to repaint the plates or possibly "brass" them. Will consider all offers - thx! :)