The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus 24mm f/3.5 OM Zuiko shift lens with custom filter / polarizer

EdSawyer

Olympus OM Zuiko 24mm f/3.5 shift lens - this lens is a rare jewel, perhaps the pinnacle of Olympus' lens manufacturing expertise. It surpasses Canon's 24mm TSE mk1 easily both in image quality and range of shift. It was the first 24mm shift lens ever built by anyone, it uses extra-low dispersion glass and is an expanded and improved-upon version of the reknown Olympus 18mm lens formula. This is the best copy I have ever seen, and it was my keeper after going through a few of these to find the best example. It also comes with a custom SKGrimes filter adapter system, allowing use of 95mm filters with this lens, which normally has no way to take filters. A 95mm B+W kasemann slim polarizer is included, along with an extra o-ring for the SKGrimes filter holder. It's an ingenious design, and the holder itself cost $500, plus another $400 for the filter, which is no longer available from B+W last time I checked. The lens is in mint condition, I can find no flaws with it. Condition is as-new, and it includes both caps (the front one is a machined aluminum one), along with the dedicated OM lens case for this lens. Asking $1800 for the whole package: lens, filter, SKGrimes adapter, case, caps, etc.