The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Summilux 35mm F1.4 ASPH - 6bit - 11874 (pre-FLE) - Late serial

bolim

Summilux 35mm F1.4 (11874) with original 6bit coding. Late serial number 408xxxx.

Flawless optics, dry blades, no fungus. Barrel condition is excellent and scratch/dent free.

No focus shift at all.

Comes in original full packaging...Silver box, all warranty papers, manuals, original front cap, rear cap, leather pouch and hood and hood cap.

The hood has few dings as shown in the picture.

Reason for selling...in fact 2 reasons

1.) I have not much use for a fast 35mm. I have been using this lens for a while in hope of convincing myself to keep it. But a lens is just a lens. Eventually if you have no use sell it!
Do not get me wrong there is no issue with this lens. It is in fact some of the very best fast 35mm i have used; imho.

2.) GAS treatment failed!

Let me know any of your questions and i am more than happy to answer them.

bolim

Lens will be shipped from Singapore via worldwide EMS (with tracking and guaranteed delivery). Typical shipment cost varies from USD 63 to 80.
Buyers pay Paypal fees.

Thank you!

SYGTAFOTO

FYI, by lens design, all 35mm summilux ASPH pre-FLE (V1) has focus shift, hence the FLE version was introduced to correct for this.

bolim

FYI, by lens design, all 35mm summilux ASPH pre-FLE (V1) has focus shift, hence the FLE version was introduced to correct for this.
Thanks for your message. I understand that and it have tested on both my m9 and M9P and even borrowed a friend's M8...all turned out to not exhibit any form of focus shift. I do not know why and i am hoping someone from Leica can explain to me :)
If i can get some form of test results to support this i am all for it.

cheers.

Double Negative

Not Available
It all depends on calibration (of the body and of the lens). Done just right (or by luck) the focus shift is minimized. It's still there technically, just hidden better.

In any event, still a darn good lens! I want one myself. ;)

D&A

It all depends on calibration (of the body and of the lens). Done just right (or by luck) the focus shift is minimized. It's still there technically, just hidden better
Exactly! Leica generally adjusted these lenses to focus optimally at f1.4, which would then have the lens begin to backfocus at approx. f2-4.5 . By approx f5.6, the growing depth of field would cover any focusing descrepancies. Aternatively if the lens is optomosed for best focus at approx. F2, the lens will slightly front focus at f1.4, focus perfectly at f2 and slighy back focus at f2.8...but the growing depth of field will cover focusing descrepances at smaller f-4tops. I prefer this type of lens adjustment.

Dave (D&A)