The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH (Titanium) Coded + cleaned, adjusted & tested by Leica

BeeWee

FS: Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH (Titanium) Coded + cleaned, adjusted & tested by Leica

Price: $4,600.00
Payment method: Google Checkout or Paypal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: Buy pays for shipping (Purolator, Canada Post, UPS, Fedex), must be fully insured. Ships within North America Only

Price is in USD and net to me, buyer pays for shipping and any fees incurred via Paypal / Google Checkout. If you're from Canada, I can take CDN + exchange rate difference.

What's included:
- 35mm Summilux ASPH in Titanium Finish (coded, cleaned, adjusted, tested and certified)
- Lens hood w/ cap for lens hood
- Rear cap
- Leather case (in new condition)
- Work order and test certificate from Leica

What's not included:
- Original box

The details:
This lens is the Titanium edition which was sold with the Titanium M6 many years ago. Its barrel is brass which makes it a bit more sturdy than the normal aluminium version (in black finish). The Titanium finish is a matte metalic finish with a warm hue (pretty much what you see on the photos).

This lens was sent to Leica NJ to replace a lost screw and to be 8bit coded. In the process, the optics were cleaned, adjusted, and tested by Leica NJ. Since it was returned in January 2012, it's been sitting in my drawer and hasn't been used so the condition is the same as when I first got it back from Leica. In plain english: the optics are clean, fog free, haze free, and in as-new condition. Focus ring is buttery smooth, and aperture ring moves freely with well defined and solid feeling clicks.

The condition is near perfect with one exception, there's some light finish scuffing near the 1.4 mark between the lens mount and the aperture ring. In reality, it is not very noticeable; I've had to try quite hard to find a lighting angle that actually shows the scuffing and so what you see in the photos is in reality quite exagerated.

The fine print:
The focus is calibrated for apertures at f/2 and smaller. There is a small focus shift when shooting at f/1.4 when using at close range but I found it pretty easy to compensate for this and quite quick to get use to.

See same listing here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1125662
See my eBay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAP...&seeallfeedback=See All Feedback&myworld=true

Last edited:

BeeWee

Re: FS: Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH (Titanium) Coded + cleaned, adjusted & tested by Lei

One more photo + samples taken with the Summilux