The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss ZM Sonnar 50/1.5

paul25

I am selling this wonderful lens in excellent to mint condition...

The lens comes with both caps, and the hood which I bought separately...

I am asking $1050 Net to me...

I'll cover the shipping to 48 US States.

If Local pickup in NY/NJ, then $1000 would do it.....

paul25

It is silver version...
I am not sure to which f-stop it is calibrated for... I am the second owner.
I haven't had any problem with focusing on my M9....

BTW, the lens come with the box as well....:)

Brian S

According to Popflash, the lenses are now factory set for F1.5 optimized for film cameras. Film does not lay flat as does a digital sensor, and the manufacturer must make some assumptions. Probably Zeiss went with optimizing it for their camera. Mine focuses perfectly on the M8 at F1.5, and at F2 on the M9. The cameras are within tolerance, but that allows for slight deviations.

paul25

I've been so busy lately.....:)
I'll try to take some pictures today and upload it...

But it is a very clean lens....
I'd say 9.5..... only because I used few times.... :)

Thanks..

Ron (Netherlands)

According to Popflash, the lenses are now factory set for F1.5 optimized for film cameras. Film does not lay flat as does a digital sensor, and the manufacturer must make some assumptions. Probably Zeiss went with optimizing it for their camera. Mine focuses perfectly on the M8 at F1.5, and at F2 on the M9. The cameras are within tolerance, but that allows for slight deviations.
Thanks!

btw guess this is only a US sale....
I'll have to look for one in Europe

If you've been using it on a digital camera, you can find out pretty quickly which f stop it was calibrated for. Use a tripod & photograph a ruler @ f1.5 & 2.8.