The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon FD 24mm f2

C

curious80

This FD 24mm f2 is an excellent lens - a very useful focal length on both my NEX (36mm equivalent) and my m43 (48mm equivalent). However the aperture has become sticky and often doesn't stop down. I got it checked at a local camera repair shop and they told me that there is oil on aperture blades which needs to be cleaned. They asked $100 for the cleaning which is a bit too steep for me at this point. Unfortunately I am not handy with lens dis-assembly and can't attempt the cleaning myself either. So I would like to pass it on to someone who is either handy and can get the cleaning done himself or can get it cleaned (or maybe you just like to use it wide open anyway). As you can see from the picture below, the lens has marks etc on the body, but there are no dents etc. Plus the glass is clean. Also no fungus or dust inside.

The lens sells for around $450 on KEH. I am asking $250 shipped + paypal to account for the sticky aperture.

C

curious80

Bump, and adding a couple of sample shots taken with this lens on the Panasonic G1 to show its performance. Both shots are wide open at f2, but the first one also has the Canon 250D close up filter attached. I think it is very good wide open sharpness even with extra optics added. And that too on an m43 sensor which puts more demands on the lens due to higher pixel density.

C

curious80

Here are some samples taken with this lens on NEX-5N (all are wide open at f2):