The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

48 hour sale!

Irenaeus

I'm away for 6 weeks on Saturday, which is why this is only a 24 hour sale. I want to extend the capabilities of my Sony a900 while I'm gone and while I can still carry the beautiful beast. I'll need to sell something in order to get the cash, though, which is why there's a sale at all!

RICOH GXR with the 28/2.5 A12 lensor module and its LH1 rectangular lens hood; the 50/2.5 Macro A12 lensor module with its built in hood; Ricoh ST-3 leather strap; 2 Ricoh batteries and 1 by Wasabi; 2 Op/Tech slip on lens covers; everything fits neatly into an 8 x 5.5 x 4 inch Case Logic padded bag, which is included in the sale. It's all in excellent condition (though there is a little bit of shine on the outer rim of the LH1 hood.) I've had no issues with the gear at and have been extremely pleased with the IQ. All the original boxes, manuals, chargers, etc. go with it, of course.
$925 and I pay shipping in CONUS and the PayPal fees.

SONY NEX C3 with the brilliant Sigma 30/2.8 EX DN lens and an extra Sony battery. Boxes for the lens and manual, CD, charger for the C3 but I can't seem to find the C3 box at the moment. Beautiful IQ, very handy size, adaptable, both in excellent shape.
$425 and I pay shipping in CONUS and PayPal fees.

I've bought and sold here on getDPI, can give names for references and have 100% on eBay as cqiona.

Thanks for looking,

Irenaeus

Getting ready for the trip has me swamped, so I'm not posting pics just now. If they're needed, though, I should be able to post them this evening.

Last edited:

D&A

Well I for one can give my highest recommendation for buying from Irenaeus! I purchased an f-stop backpack recently from him and had a multitude of questions and they were all promptly answered in great detail and delivery was lightening fast shipping. A perfect experience in every way!

Dave (D&A)

lattiboy

Oh man, that C3 package is AWESOME. If I had any need whatsoever I would be all over it. Won't last the hour I'd guess....

Irenaeus

Quick pics of the C3 and Sigma, as per request.

I'll post some of the GXR in a few hours.

Great cameras ~ thanks for looking!

Irenaeus

Irenaeus

Sony C3 and Sigma 30 have been sold!

The Ricoh GXR is still available. This is an able performer and an amazingly versatile camera. Shooting full fledged RAW files, not just jpeg "scene modes," it is possible to configure four separate combinations of settings to one's own desires, settings that remain "dormant" until needed but then are INSTANTLY available at the turn of the Mode Dial!

For instance, one could set up the camera for general street shooting by starting in Manual mode, aperture at f8, auto iso at 3200 (which will vary according to the light levels, thus giving an auto exposure,) shutter speed at 1/125 to stop action or down to 1/30 if the light's too low, snap focus set to 2 meters and you'll have no delay waiting for AF and amazing depth of field from about a meter to infinity!

Then one could set up My Setting 1 for, say, Shutter priority at 1/500, aspect ratio to 1:1, face recognition on, snap focus to 1 or 1.5 meters, same auto iso to 3200 and one would be ready for children at close range.

My Setting 2 could be optimized for, say, 5 meters for larger groupings and

My Setting 3 could be set for Aperture priority at f8, base ISO of 200, snap focus to infinity and a wider aspect ratio to be ready for opportune landscapes.

So you'd have your camera set up (A) for general use, (B) for children or sports, (C) for group pictures or street shots and (D) for landscape, all at your fingertips and each readily fine tunable!!!

It's a GREAT camera....

So here are the photos of mine (with apologies for the dust.)

thanks for looking,

Irenaeus

Irenaeus

PRICE REDUCTION ON THE GXR PACKAGE!

TODAY AND TODAY ONLY!

$850

(and I'll still pay for shipping and PayPal. Sale ends once I no longer have enough time to pack it and ship it out before leaving on my trip....)