The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS- SLR Magic 50 mm T0.95 RF-coupled lens (M mount)- Stealth Black

ashwinrao1

After some hemming and hawing, given that I love this lens, I have decided to put my SLR Magic Hyperprime T0.95 lens up for sale. My copy was custom made in "Stealth black writing", so the lettering on the front is barely visible but present (made spefically for Steve Huff and myself, a custom order). The lens is RF coupled, focuses to 0.7 meters, and T0.95 effectively means f/0.92, and is in mint condition.

I'll include the packaging that came with it, but it's not typical packaging that would come iwth a new lens, as my copy is a early release version. I'd also include original metal caps, 2 back up "user" caps for daily use (both new), UV MRC filter, and 2 ND filters (3 stop and 8 stop, I believe) for daytime use.

If I am to get a M Monochrom, I need to be fiscally responsible, hence the sale. The lens has given me no issues, and I have really enjoyed using it. Here are a series of images I have taken using my copy of the lens, on both the M9 and XPro-1:

SLR Magic Hyperprime 50 mm T0.95 lens (Leica M mount) - a set on Flickr

The Hyperprime currently retails on SLR Magic's site for $4999.I am selling mine, with the goodies, for $4250 plus shipping within the CONUS (via UPS). Bank checks or personal checks only. I don't do paypal (sorry)...

If there's interest, I'll post pics later. Snag this uber-rare beauty while it's available. I have perfect buy-sell feedback here, and I'd prefer that a buyer have positive feedback that can be shared with me...

ashwinrao1

alas, the lens is unsold, as the buyer backed out, and now is again available. My copy is fully functional, mint

Last edited:

DanielT74

Ashwin, I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any difference in the optics between this and the Cine version? I haven't seen this mentioned, but it somehow doesn't add up that they charge $2000 more for rangefinder coupling.

I must be missing something and any help will be appreciated!

PS Great set by the way, those street shots of performers are excellent! Thank you for making them available.