The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For Sale Incomplete Arca Swiss D4M

Don Libby

For sale is a incomplete D4M. The D4M is missing the top portion consisting of the top-panning and plate head. Everything else about this D4M is perfect.

Buyer must realize that this is not a complete head. You will be responsible for finding and installing the top head.

A complete D4M costs in the neighborhood of $750. Since this is not a complete D4M the price is $425 which includes PayPal fees. An additional $20 for shipping CONUS and $25 shipping to Canada.

I'll post photos shortly.

Don

Don Libby

I'm willing to sell and ship internationally - just have no real idea of what the shipping will be (tracking and insurance).

Don

Don Libby

I'm withdrawing this sale for the time being. I've sent am email request to Rod Klukas at Arca Swiss to see if I can get the part needed to make this whole. If I can get the part at a near reasonable price I'll put this back up.

And to tell the rest of the story behind this offering (I'm tired of telling it one at a time on email and PMs). I screwed up in attempting to remove the bolt on my D4 as I didn't heat it up enough to loosen the lock-tight and ended up striping the threaded hole making it unusable. While I'd normally have patience I didn't with this as I'm about to leave for an extended period of time and need the D4 in proper working order. So, being slightly smarter than a 8th grader I ordered a D4M thinking I could use that as a donor. I heated the bolt on the D4M the proper amount (just shy of burning the studio down) and was able to replace the broken part on the D4 making it whole again while leaving the D4M headless. I thought I'd offer someone a deal on the D4M however it looks like that wasn't such a good idea after all. So the current plan is to see if I can get the needed part (the panning head) then put the D4M back together and sell it then.

So - once again the D4M is off the market and will more than likely remain that way until after I return home sometime in November. Thanks to all who have written.

Don