The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Ultimate Leica MP AlaCarte Kit.

Leicadoc

I am greatly pained to sell this kit. Those who know me here know I do not sell this lightly. I need to sell this kit, so I'll just get it done. Nothing here is overrated or intentionally cleansed of the truth, and I have a long record of sales here and on RFF.

1) Leica MP ala carte, custom red leather grip. The finder is the desirable 0.85 finder. This has been lightly used, after I bought it from a pro who carried it as backup for an identical Leica. Finish is superb, speeds are accurate, and there are no issues. It has been cared for very conscientiously, and is a dream to shoot. The matching chrome Leicavit is the newest, matched to the piece, and works perfectly. The baseplate of the camera still has the original plastic film, as you can see. The camera was also fitted with the chrome re-wind knob, which I added extra, primarily for my ease. The top plate is engraved, like days of old. The serial number is partially obscure in the photo only. If you wish to have proof, I'll email you the original. Just ask.

Since they are a set, I am selling them as a set. I have the original boxes for both, the instructions and packing material for the Leicavit, etc. $3450.00 gets the camera and Leicavit, and gets them shipped anywhere in the CONUS by FedEx, insured. I can't ship outside the US unless I know who is getting it, and we have a careful dialogue about the assumption of risks. I will do my part on packing, etc. I won't declare it for less, because I observe the laws of the US.

2)Beautiful Leica Summilux pre-aspheric 35/1.4. Glass is great, I can't see any marks or dusts on examination, although I would be surprised if there is not some minimal dust. There is nothing about this lens which is negative, and I have delighted in it, especially on the MP, with Portra 160 and several B/W 400ISO films. The late number of manufacture (3501xxx) is also in its favor. I am including the hood, a UV filter, inserted and tight, ready to use on all but the M8; you'd need a separate UV/IR, insertable into the hood. The hood is in beautiful shape, functions well, fits well, and has a little paint wear that is hardly noticeable. I don't think you can do better out there. $2150.00 gets the lens, the hood, the filter, and shipping in CONUS by FedEx.

If you want the entire kit, contact me, and we can save some on shipping, etc.

I will accept a check (cashier's, on your bank, or personal) and allow the funds to clear completely, or I will consider PayPal, if we communicate first about it. I cannot afford to lose this nice kit, and I am sure that the users here understand and are ordinarily not the type for games.
PM me or email me, and I will answer any questions you might have.

Last edited:

segedi

To get the images up, go to the flickr photo, click the image and go to View all sizes.
Click the 640 and then right-click on the image and choose Copy image URL or whatever your browser indicates. That is the link to paste in, you've tried to use the flickr image url as the image source and that won't work.