The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M3 (1 million) (Exc) & 35/2.8 Summaron (Mint)

Morituri

Leica M3

EXC condition Leica M3, serial is 1.046.XXX (1962 I believe) £ seal intact. Exc body, only a tiny bump on the left sight, hard to see, tried to take a picture obviously. Fantastic viewfinder, no separation or cracks or anything obviously. Rangefinder perfectly aligned, shutter advance very nice and smooth, shutter very silent, shutter in great condition, insides very clean and dirt/dust free. I think the 1sec to 1/4 sec is off a bit though. Quite normal obviously and who uses those times anyway ;-)

Comes with a Leica ever-ready carry case and a light-meter with "incident" attachment. And Leica M3 manual and some Leica M3 booklets, because why not!

Price: $800 net to me.

Last edited:

Morituri

Re: FS: Leica M3 (1milion) (Exc) & 35/2.8 Summaron (Mint)

35/2.8 Summaron

Mint condition, 35/2.8 Summaron. I've looked closely and find no traces of usage, other than 2 or 3 particles of dust in the lens (to be expected eh). Aperture perfect, focus is great. No oil on aperture-blades.

Comes with original Leica UVa filter and a lenshood.

Price: $900 net to me.

PS: "The 35mm f/2,8 SUMMARON:Legendary Lens?" Oh god, look at me selling this lens like a pro ;)

PPS: Yes the serial numbers have been retouched away. Lens looks "normal" in real life and not blurry or what-ever in the front.

Last edited:

Morituri

up

Just checking eBay for "completed listings" just now, saw last two Summarons in similar condition (Mint/Exc) went for $1300 and $1500 respectively.

Last edited:

Morituri

Bump.

Leica M3 has now been to full CLA and is in perfect working condition. The repairman said that got the time to as close to perfect as he possibly could. Everything is as you would expect from a brand new CLA leica. Receipt will be included of course.

New price $900 for this amazing copy of 1 million serial M3.

Morituri

No, it had a CLA, cleaning, lubrication and adjustment of times. Base plate is very clean and nice, I'll try to post a picture of it soon.