The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica M9 + Thumbs-up (latest)

D&A

Hi All,

**** Before I describe this M9 and all included extra accessories for sale, permit me to request that all correspondence be sent to me via e-mail (as opposed to a PM) to my e-mail address of IRGdme "at AOL "dot" Com . This is because it's near impossible to respond to PM's from my tiny cell phone.

Up for sale is my lovely Leica M9 (Gray) along with my matching gray CSEP1s Thumbs-up, which is the latest/newest model with cold shoe and the protective rubber strip on the back. From what I recall, I haven't even activated the code for Adobe Lightroom room, since I use two M9's and this one was almost exclusively used inside the studio, so Lightroom activation code is a bonus!

This flawlessly operating body with focusing "dead-on", with every lens I tried and own had recently been sent to Leica for no other reason other for my wanting it to get a complete check-up prior to its sale and a request tighten -up what I felt was an imperceptable bit of play in one strap lug. I would be more than glad to provide the paperwork from Leica.

I am the one and only original owner. The body has close to 18,000 actuations which is but a fraction of its rated shutter life. Its how carefully the camera has always been handled (mostly resting on a tripod) that to me is one of the most important considerations.

Here are the details:

The body operationally is flawless. No hiccups or glitches of any kind. Cosmetically there are virtually no marks on the body to speak of except for a small area on the rear, above the "Y" in Germany, where an older designed thumbs-up would rest against this area of the body. Some of these marks can be seen in the pic of the rear of the camera. I recently obtained the newley released and designed Gray color CSEP-1s Thumbs-Up, which now has a protective rubber strip on the complete back side, preventing any marks from ever occurring on the camera body. It's a great redesign of a excellent product! Just slip on this new Thumbs up and those very small marks are completely covered up.

A Giottos Glass screen protector was installed over the rear LCD within 30 seconds of opening the M9 box for the 1st time. The screen protector has the usual marks from wiping it with a lens cloth but this is simply the protector and of course can be removed if desired. The actual M9 LCD has never been touched and is perfect!

This newly designed CSEP-1s Thumbs-Up (Gray Color) will be included with this camera. Truly a great value!

*** Please note: I haven't taken a picture of the Gray Thumbs-up but rest assured it's included!

The pictures otherwise show the entire contents of what is included. In fact there is even more original paperwork that comes with the M9 that hasn't even been removed from the box. Additionally, the M9 comes with everything as described, all original items in the box (some not even opened), all packaging and inserts, the original box and of course the outer gray Leica box that goes over the original Leica Silver & Black box.

Price for everything is $4495.00 plus shipping/insurance. (The usual Paypal fee is extra). A great value for an beautiful M9 thats been gone over by Leica (even though it operated flawlessly when sent in) along with the latest matching Gray CSEP1-s Thumbs-up.

I've been a long time member of Getdpi as well as all the other well known photography forums and a ebay buyer/seller for over 13 years with a perfect 1300+ pure positives. I've truly enjoyed all my buy/sell transactions and they have always concluded splendidly.

*** Again please address all questions and inquiries via e-mail (as opposed to a PM) to my e-mail address of IRGdme "at AOL "dot" Com (because it's near impossible to respond to PM's from my small cell phone).

Thanks again for looking!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Thanks ever so much everyone for the very kind comments! Its greatly appreciated as was all those that contacted me with their interest.

This camera and thumbs-up are now sold. I'm still shooting with a Leica M digital...too wonderful a system. Thanks again all!

Dave (D&A)