The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 85mm 1.4 N Converted for Canon

Contax N 85mm 1.4. This a fully functioning autofocus/autoexposure conversion by Conurus of Canada. This lens was purchased new from Ken Hansen and then shipped for conversion. It is in pristine condition. This is a very rare and legendary portrait lens, with the beautiful Zeiss bokeh and color rendition. Stopped down it becomes one of the sharpest lenses I have ever used. Surprisingly, a great landscape lens as well.

I am moving into underwater photography and need to sell equipment, and, as good as this is I just do not shoot many portraits, so this is the one to go!

There are very few of these lenses ever made, and I am confident none that are both Canon-useable and in the like-new condition of this lens.

Price is $2600 including USPS fully insured priority mail shipping and Pay Pal fees. Prefer a U.S. buyer. If overseas, shipping will be charged at actual cost and fully insured. I will not under-value or list as "gift" and all taxes and customs duties if any are the buyer's responsibility. I have 5 star feedback on e-bay for buying and selling expensive gear and will make this a smooth transaction as I value my reputation!