The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS:MS-MAG x1.35 magnifier for Leica M

hrzlvn

Got this a week ago and never use it. Since Japan exposures is not allowed to sell it in United States and Germany anymore. I asked my friend who located in Japan send me a Brand new one. I sold my 50mm lenses recently and replace them with 35mm on my 0.72 M7 before this arrived. As you can see, the purchased date is September 4. Will rate this 10/10 as new one. Comes with the original packing, Map Camera invoice and warranty documents.

--------------------------------------------------

Price is 250 Paypal'd shipped in CONUS.

--------------------------------------------------

Specs:
"I left the magnifier on my M8 100% of the time and now I have stolen it off my M8, to put on my M9. I find it invaluable at 50 mm or more to get accurate focus. I used to have a Leica 1.25x one but you cannot leave that on the whole time.", customer feedback
Magnifier for Leica M viewfinders, aiding focussing accuracy when using longer lenses of 75mm focal length and above.
Key features:
x1.35 magnification of the viewfinder image
four lens surfaces multicoated for bright optical image. The only product of its kind to feature this.
stepless variable diopter adjustment facility (-3.0 ~ 1.5)
On cameras with 0.75/0.72 magnification (e.g. Leica M2, Leica M4, Leica M6) this magnifier will result in natural view allowing shooting with both eyes open.
We recommend this magnifier for use on the Leica M8 when using 50mm and above focal lengths lenses.
Frameline visibility on Leica M8 (0.68 native magnification; without eyeglasses):
1.15x magnifier - all frames (24*/28/35/50/75/90)
1.25x magnifier - frames 28*/35/50/75/90
1.35x magnifier - frames 28*/35/50/75/90
* may require moving your eye around the viewfinder slightly to see the frame
A customer comments about the use on the Leica M9:
The x1.15 on the M9 0.68 M9 viewfinder provides about a 0.78 which is a little better than the standard M 0.72 on the film Ms.
The x1.35 provides a 0.90 viewfinder which is a little better than the 0.85 mag finder available for the film Ms.
ATTENTION: due to Leica patent restrictions, this product is not available to customers for rangefinder camera use in Germany and the United States of America!

via: Japan Exposures

Last edited: