The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: M3 and A&A case

DReilly

I bought this a few months ago from Brian Sweeney. He had it serviced at Essex a few years ago and the camera also has a close-focusing modification to the rangefinder system. It now focuses to .7 meter, which is great for those modern Zeiss ZM lenses that focus closer.

I got this when I started to get back into film and quickly got re-infatuated with medium format.

This is the smoothest M3 I've owned, and the quietest. It has a quick load kit installed. The covering is original and mostly solid, a few chips as pictured on the edge. Cosmetics are otherwise solid user. Check the pics. Mechanics are great, VF is clear and works well, RF patch is bright.

Asking the incredible price that Brian charged me, which is $600 plus $150 for shipping and the brand new leather A&A brown leather half case (and a cable release to sweeten the deal). So $750 shipped. I won't break this up at this point.

I take paypal (no fee) and I give all US buyers three days to inspect/test the camera with right of return. Foreign sales as-is and foreign shipping will be an additional $50.

I've been on GetDPI a little while, longer on RFF and on ebay since 2001 under mcdoogla, with 100% feedback.

DReilly

I consider the M3 to be the perfect distillation of photography, minimalism at its best. Focus. Shutter speed. Aperture. That's it!

(bump)

DReilly

If I had to have one 35mm while castaway on a tropical island, it would be an M3. And some film. And a darkroom. And some chemicals. And...Oh well, the M3 is a start.