The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Canon 7 Rangefinder

DReilly

I've got a Canon 7 LTM rangefinder for sale. It's in decent user shape, a little dusty and I didn't get a chance to get the nooks and crannies clean for the photo shoot.

The Canon 7 is a wonderful LTM (Leica screw mount) camera. It has a built-in, working, selenium meter. I tested it against my DSLR and it was in the same range in a variety of lighting situations. Shutter sounds good, rangefinder is bright and all the frame lines work. The shutter curtain has the usual wrinkles, but it works fine.

In my experience, the Canon rangefinders are far less finicky than their Germanic counterparts. They seem to run forever with little fuss. Get this one for $165 shipped in the USA.

Foreign shipping $45 extra. US buyers get three day inspection period, foreign sales as is. I take paypal with no fee.

DReilly

You did know that the 7 is the only camera designed to mount the Canon 50mm f.95 "dream" lens on it? See that external bayonet mount? Yep, that's where it goes. (Educational bump!)

DReilly

Um, I already said it: "The shutter curtain has the usual wrinkles, but it works fine."

To expand: Canon rangefinders use metal shutter curtains that are a) impervious to burning and b) prone to wrinkling. The wrinkles in evidence here are pretty much average from my experience with Canon rfs. They are light tight and structurally sounds, so while unsightly they represent no functional limitation.