The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS/FT Rollei 3.5F III and accessories, F3 (AS IS), SS Tanks and Reels - Wanted: OM-D

Albino_BlacMan

I need something digital and compact so I'm looking to sell some stuff that doesn’t get enough (or in some cases any) use. I have positive feedback on Fourthirdsphoto, FredMiranda, Pentaxforums and GetDPI as Albino_BlacMan and on ebay as ctp046.

All prices include shipping unless otherwise noted. I accept most payment methods. All prices are negotiable and I'm happy to do package deal. If any of my prices are way out of line feel free to fire me a PM.

I’m looking to either sell my Rollei setup or else trade it for an OM-D/RRS L-Plate/Panny 25/1.4/Extra Battery
Asking price is dropped from $1650 to $1500 but I’d like to move it sooner rather than later so things are negotiable

Rollei 3.5F Planar – I believe it is a model 3. Serial number is 2 295 xxx. Overall this is a very nice example of this camera, although it does signs of use. The focus screen is clean and clear. The shutter speeds appear correct, but I have no way to test definitively. The meter agrees with my Olympus E-3 (which I think is pretty amazing for a camera pushing 50 years of existence). Everything moves smoothly and the camera appears to be in good working condition, although I haven’t ran a roll through it (I would but I’m scared I won’t be able to sell it after looking at the negs).

The exterior is in good condition. There are a few small scratches on the paint but nothing big (what I would consider normal and definitely not excessive wear. This camera has obviously spent most of its life in the everready or hard cases described below). There is one bump/bubble under the leatherette on the right hand side. It’s quite small and hard to photograph but if you look hard you can see it under the top film holder knob in the photo showing the back of the camera. It probably only comes up about 1 or 2mm. You can only really see it when you’re looking for it or when you run your finger over the leathette.

The glass is clean and clear for both the taking and viewing lenses. I cannot see any signs of fungus or haze when looking in with a flashlight. The leatherette shows some light wear on the rear of the camera above the exposure value chart and on the bottom of the camera. The only other place that shows marks is the focus scale. The distance numbers in meters (white) are either faded or dirty, most likely dirty but I didn’t want to scrub them too hard. I missed cleaning some dust on the top right hand corner before I took pictures so I apologize for that.

Rollei Everready Case – This shows a fair amount of wear as seen in pictures but it’s probably 50 years old. It seems to have done a good job protecting the camera over the years.

Rollei Pistol Grip – Good condition. The grip shows a few marks and light scratches. It looks like it has been used but not abused. It is in fully functional condition. Comes with the necessary cable release.

Rollei Tropical Case (Hardcase) – Good condition. The case shows minor paint loss where it opens and closes. Nothing I would consider serious. You can get a sense of it from the pictures. The inside is clean but there is one spot on the back of the Rollei logo that looks as though it had a sticker or something that was removed. Also comes with desiccant cartridge which is pretty neat. It consists of a glass tube full of purple crystals which I assume were the original silica gel.

Rollei Prism finder – Optics are clean and clear. It looks nice everywhere except there is a mark on top as seen in the picture. Comes with leather case in good condition.

Rolleiflash – Rolleiflash without bulb. I haven’t tested this. The flash is in good condition with small areas of minor paint loss. The leather case has a small rip near the end of the zipper.

Bay II Rolleinar 1 – Optics look good. Comes with leather case.

Bay II Rollei UV filter – Optics look good. Comes with leather case.

Bay II Rollei Yellow Filter – Optics look good. Comes with leather case.

Rolleifix quick release tripod plate – good condition, minor paint loss as seen in the pictures.

Bay II Rollei Lens Hood – Shows some paint loss, comes with leather case and box.

Rollei Manuals – 2x Practical Accessories guide, 1x Rollei Flash manual, 1x larger version of the Practical Accessories guide, 1x Rolleiflex 2.8/3.5 Practical Use guide, 1x Rolleiflex 3.5 Practical Use guide with pencil drawings on the front cover.

I also have for sale a Nikon F3 with Motordrive (MD-4) - $110 (But I’m really open to offers on this one) – Just tested the F3. Shutter release isn't working without the motor drive attached for some reason (and even with the motor drive only the MD’s shutter release works). This is supposed to be easily fixed with a CLA. The camera was recovered in Cameraleather Restoration Black Leather. The rubber grip was replaced with leather which I think makes it look much cleaner and might even provide better grip than the rubber piece that used to be there. Meter is accurate and all shutter speeds appear to be correct. MD-4 works like it is supposed to. The camera is in fairly good condition, but shows some brassing on the prism and around the edges. The camera is also missing the motor drive cover. Vericolor II included upon request.

Notes: I'll throw in an 8x10 sheet of recovering leather if anyone wants to cut their own replacement for the Md-4 (this would make it match the F3).

Finally I have some Tanks and Reels - $65 (OBO) shipping - I have some (15) 35mm reels and 2 tanks. I don't know what brand the reels are. They all seem to be straight and in working condition. The tanks are both made by Brooks, one is 8 reels and one 4. One lid is Brooks, one says Tundra (I assume Tundra Security).

I’ll throw in an extra 3 reels and a Nikkor 2 reel tank and a Nikkor 1 reel tank (one of them the lid is hard to get off sometime)

We'll work out something for shipping depending on your location.