The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS User M8 (CAN/US)

kchong

Hi Folks,

Up for sale is a black chrome Leica M8 camera in user condition. The exterior of the camera shows quite a bit of wear and tear but it's still a very handsome looking machine. Despite the appearance, the camera was seldom used, with only 12000 actuations on the shutter. I spent the last few days shooting this camera and everything works great. Metering is spot on, the rangefinder is accurate and the sensor is free of any banding or image quality problems. The images that come out of this camera are truly superb, even compared to the best enthusiast cameras currently on the market. However, there is a small issue with the viewfinder as one of the pixels of the shutter speed diodes has burned out, so you see an upside down U instead of a "0". I've attached pictures of this to the post but it really has no effect on the operation of the camera as you can still clearly tell what the shutter speed is. As a result of this defect, I've priced the camera accordingly. At this price, it makes a great first digital M camera or a backup body for a M shooter. I paid much more than this for my previous body and I haven't regretted it at all. The scientific-grade Kodak sensor is truly first-rate and the Leica just works beautifully, staying out of the way as you get the image.

For this magnificent camera, I am asking CAD1600. I would prefer to keep the sale within Canada but would consider shipping worldwide. Shipping and fees at cost. Bank transfers in either Canada or Hong Kong preferred but I will take Paypal via eCheque or with a fee.

I'm new to the DPI forums but am an active member at RFF with quite a few transactions. I also have 100+ feedback at ebay under chong.kenneth.

Also would be interested in trading for the following:
High-end film compacts (Ricoh, Contax)
Wide angle M-lenses (15-28mm)

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

kchong

Re: FS User M8 (CAN)

Haha, thanks guys. Was hoping to avoid shipping. BTW, price is negotiable if you pay by EMT. Even more negotiable if you can pick up locally in Vancouver at UBC.

steven91

Wow this is an amazing price! Damn, I wish this was up a month ago lol. Would have saved me the trouble of importing an m8 into Canada :(.

Must resist urge of buying another M8....