The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Noctilux f1, E60 second version, with rare hood

robsteve

Subscriber
I have for sale my EX+++ to mint - E60 Noctilux for sale. It comes with front and rear caps and the very rare 12539 hood. I have seen this hood alone sell for from $450 to $500. It is coded for use with the digital M using the existing mount. The focusing of this lens is also very smooth. It was tuned and lubed by Kindermann Canada a few years back.

Below are a couple pictures of the lens and links to some photos taken with it.

My asking price is $5300.

These two pictures were taken at f1 with the M8.

robsteve

Subscriber
I am going to add a couple more images from my gallery here at GetDPI:

The Band Mir at one their CD launches:

At a local bar:

You can even shoot Basketball with it.

zombii

Excellent price. Your first group of pix appear more glowy then I think is typical of this lens. The second group is more representative of the sharpness and contrast that I've generally experienced. Make no mistake folks, this is the champagne of lenses. The Lux 50 ASPH may be technically sharper but the f/1 Noctilux has a signature that you will continue to love. Thorsten shoots a lot with one and it's easy to see how cool it is in his pix.

2eleven

The first group of pix appears to be taken at f/1 and at close range where, in my experience, this lens is anything but sharp and contrasty. At a moderate distance and especially when stopped down, the results are more like the second group. Both groups of pictures are, IMO, representative of what this lens can do.

robsteve

Subscriber
Yes, the pictures of my boys were at close focus limit and f1. The focus is so shallow at this distance and aperture that only the iris of their eyes are in focus.

The other pictures were probably at f1.2-f1.4 and the basketball at about f1.8-f2.

Edit:

Here is a picture from Paris showing it works well on film too. I originally used it with film and it was a great lens for night shots in Paris. I could shoot TMax 400 and at f1.2 had a fairly high shutter speed.

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber
A bump and another picture. The Noctilux is a fantastic lens for hold contrast when shooting into bright lights like here.

This would have probably been shot with my M6 HM or M7 0.85. I used Tmax 400 and Xtol 1:1.

I'm the lucky lad. Turned out Rob wanted to get into a dslr system and I wanted to commit to Leica, a trade made in heaven!