The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Feeler:Leica M9-P Black

VINCET

I have a close to new looking Black Leica M9-P with box, book, battery, charger, and a blank Leica Certified used warranty card for possible sale or trade. The body is hard to distinguish from new. I am looking to get $5600 for this or trade with a silver M9-P in similar condition. This one only has 256 shutter actuation. I might also be interested in a silver M9 + cash but must also be in the same mint condition. I will assist in any warranty issue if there is any problem.

Price is NET to me and include shipping within the CONUS.

Last edited:

VINCET

It is basically a Leica warranty card for product they sell that are not considered new like demo products.

jstaben

FYI I think these certified used Leicas come with 1 year vs. 2 year warranty so may want to check for your ad.

VINCET

Jon, there are a few certified used Leicas with more than the standard 1 year warranty. It really depends on the camera. The dealer can tell you better what the warranty is on the particular camera. However, you are right that the warranty card indicates a 1 year warranty.

VINCET

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure. I did not realized that the black paint in the M9-P is different than that of the M8.2. The black paint is not as glossy as the M8.2. Much more low key.

Please excuse the dust on the screen. They are dust and not scratches on the LCD.

One other thing I did not noticed in my M8.2 before is at the bottom of the saphire LCD screen, there is a little laser etch diamond symbol which at first I thought was a chip on the screen until I used the loupe to check.

Plastic cover still attached at the bottom of the screen.

VINCET

I also have a 50mm Summilux ASPH in silver complete with everything as new. Only a month old and hardly touched for $3850. Together with this M9-P and it is an awesome combination. I will sell both together for $9250 delivered CONUS NET to me.

jstaben

Jon, there are a few certified used Leicas with more than the standard 1 year warranty. It really depends on the camera. The dealer can tell you better what the warranty is on the particular camera. However, you are right that the warranty card indicates a 1 year warranty.
Good to know! IMHO though a M9P like this is a way better choice than an the new ME. Good luck!

VINCET

Jon, I have to agree. The color of the ME is one that you either love or hate. The Black or the gorgeous chrome of the M9-P is so much more better looking IMHO. I don't put too much value on the USB connector but the saphire crystal is definitely worth the price. I love that in the M8.2 and love it in the M9-P. I think for a Leica product, this should have been a standard feature in all their camera. This or the gorilla glass.

VINCET

Lowering this to $5450.00. Also have a silver chrome 50mm Lux ASPH that is less than 2 months old for sale with this camera. Lux is of course MINT in box. It is however registered already. I have receipt and passport card. Will sell the bundle at $9200 delivered in CONUS. Price is NET.

Hi, just saw the ad for your M9-P in black. It looks very nice. I have a one year-old beautiful chrome M9-P bought new from Richard White in the UK. I received it in November. It has just under 7500 exposures. It has no bright marks, brassing, or scratches--not a mark anywhere on any part of it with two exceptions--if you look closely at the black plastic pads beneath the strap lugs, you can see where the nylon has rubbed on the plastic--just as you would see on any camera that has been used. Beyond that the only other mark of any sort is a slight deboss in the plastic protective covering on the baseplate due to a the tripod mount I have used occasionally. It is about the size of a quarter. I have everything that came with it--warranty paperwork, packaging (even the grey cardboard outer wrapper, battery, charger, cables, etc. I think I have the CD for Lightroom, but would have to verify that and be sure it isn't already registered.

The chrome is really beautiful. In some ways I prefer black as I like to wear dark clothing with a black camera and lenses and bag, and people seem much slower to notice your camera.

I'd be open to talking trade if you are interested. Just let me know. I hadn't thought seriously about this until I saw your ad, so am still digesting the idea. Yours looks to be in virtually as new/flawless condition. I find you can use an M9 regularly and preserve it if you handle it carefully, hold on to it, protect it with your hand as needed, and when not using it, keep it in a very soft-lined bag--like the Artist and Artisan series.

That's my story. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Steve Plattner

VINCET

Hi Steve

I actually sold my M9-P today. I just have not had a chance to pull the ad yet. The one I had was virtually new, only 260 exposure. I am now looking to buy a M9 or M9-P silver of course

Vince