The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS. Arca-Swiss M-Line Two MF Camera

gazwas

Not since I was 13 and sold my treasured train set have I put an item up for sale that I value so much. Very reluctantly I have decided to offer for sale my beloved 18 month old Arca-Swiss M-Line Two MF camera. I have recognised to take my work forward the camera is of less importance than the lighting used and am trying to free up some funds to invest in more battery generators.

Purchased from a Arca dealer here in the UK 18 months ago, the camera has had very little use and what use it has had was only indoors so never exposed to harsh environments. The camera has sat wrapped up in lens wraps in a Pelican case so is in pristine, like new condition. Comes boxed, complete with the standard bellows and thinner, 'N' ground glass.

To purchase new in the UK these cameras cost £3700 so I am asking £3000, plus delivery (at cost), plus any Paypal fees.

Feel free to ask any question.

I will update with pictures shortly.

Gareth

gazwas

3,000.00 GBP = 4,803.59 USD

I think they run around 4500 new stateside.

*Think*
Thanks for trashing my sale colorspace! :angry:

The second post in and potential buyers think I'm cuckoo on my pricing. A PM would have been much more appropriate way of *Thinking* about my asking price.

Not sure the sort of discount your dealer is giving you but I checked and the latest price I could find Stateside was from 2011 (inevitably more now) and that was 5206 USD PLUS taxes. Buying it in France (where they are made) you would be looking at aprox 4300 EUR = 5615 USD PLUS shipping/insurance/duty.

I'm not in the market to rip buyers off as I'm a photographer, not a dealer and understand the cost of purchasing this sort of equipment. I think my price is set at a fair point.

However, if someone wishes to discuss price them I'm more than happy to open a dialogue with them PRIVATELY.

gazwas

** Picture update **

Please excuse the dust but hopefully shows what nice condition the camera is in.

gazwas

Found this great video on the YouTube channel of the dealer whom I purchased my M-Line Two giving an excellent explanation of the cameras functions.

Check it out if you're interested - M-Line Two Video

Last edited:

gazwas

** UPDATE **

Price reduction to £2800 plus fees and postage

For those of you on the fence about view cameras and wide angle lenses please see the pictures attached below illustrating the Arca M-Line's party piece of being able to get the function carriers to touch. Something that almost all view camera's, including Arca's own F-Line camera won't do.

Why is this important....?? With some technical wide angle lenses having such a small flange focal length (rear element to film/sensor plane) this allows you to get the distances between carriers small enough to enable the use of pretty much any lens available on this camera. Most view camera either cannot be used with very wide angle lenses at all or involve very deep recessed lens panels which are never great to work with on small 6x9 cameras. The picture shows a Schneider wide angle lens attached to the camera and with the function carriers touching. As can be seen, the rear lens element protrudes beyond the rear of the camera body.

Any questions, get in touch. :)

bahr

Hi Gareth, I'm getting twitchy looking at that camera. Lol....
At the moment I'm still considering the rm3di as its a little lighter and more portable but I loved the f line metric. How does your arca compare to the f line? I found problems using the f line with the 47xl and the capture group adaptor, also anything wider.

Trying to find something that lets me use the super wides like the 23,24,28 and 35. May I ask what lens is on your camera in the shot that shows the rear element going beyond the standard.

Bahr

gazwas

Camera still available.

Decided to reduce the price again, now £2700 + fees and postage.

That is now £1000 off the original purchase price of the camera and this is indistinguishable from a new camera right down to the original Arca boxes.

Any questions, PM me.

gazwas

I've had a few enquiries from forum members regarding the cost of international postage on this sale so with this in mind I'll offer to pay 50% towards the postage cost to anyone outside the UK interested in purchasing my Arca M-Line Two MF or FREE postage to any UK resident.

Arca-Swiss M-Line Two MF - Mint, as new condition with all origianal boxes £2700 plus any PayPal/Banking fees and includes FREE UK or 50% off the total cost of international postage.

gazwas

** PICTURE UPDATE **

For those concerned about the physical size of the M-Line Two MF, I thought I'd add this image to illustrate the compact dimensions of the camera. So to include some scale, here pictured with a Rodenstock lens and Phase One P+ back (NB. not included in the sale).

Even with these compact dimensions the ML2 is sill capable of a total of 70mm vertical shift and 70mm horizontal shift so perfect for those wanting massive stitching capabilities resulting in huge detailed files.