The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35-70mm f2.8 Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH.

robsteve

Subscriber
For sale is a Leica 35-70mm f2.8 Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH. I have had this lens for about six years and have created some great images with it. I am moving from the Leica DMR to a Nikon digital so this lens needs to find a home where it will be put to good use. It comes with original box, leather case, lens tag and both caps. It is in near mint or mint minus condition. I can only find a couple marks on the hood.

The asking price is $9,400 shipped and insured.

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber
I just loaded Capture One version 7 yesterday and processed a 35-70mm image through it. This was shot a few years back with the 35-70mm at f4 and on the DMR. The second image is a crop of the first image at 100% or actual pixel view. There is a reason this lens is considered the finest zoom ever made by any company.

jonoslack

Fantastic shots. Wouldn't it be worth putting a Leitax mount on it and shooting on your Nikon. Or saving it up to use with a Leica M?
A wonderful lens. I fear you'll regret it's passing!
I'd buy it if I could afford it.
Good luck with the sale anyway - looks like a thoroughly reasonable price though.

All the best

robsteve

Subscriber
Fantastic shots. Wouldn't it be worth putting a Leitax mount on it and shooting on your Nikon. Or saving it up to use with a Leica M?
A wonderful lens. I fear you'll regret it's passing!
I'd buy it if I could afford it.
Good luck with the sale anyway - looks like a thoroughly reasonable price though.

All the best
Jono:

I would keep it for the Nikon if it was a straight forward adapter, but for a lens of this value I don't want to start taking it apart and mess something up.

I still have some pretty nice M lenses in the range of this zoom that have worked well for me and will work well on the new M.

Robert

jonoslack

Jono:

I would keep it for the Nikon if it was a straight forward adapter, but for a lens of this value I don't want to start taking it apart and mess something up.

I still have some pretty nice M lenses in the range of this zoom that have worked well for me and will work well on the new M.

Robert
Hi Robert
Of course, I can see the point. The proceeds from this would buy a new M and a 28-90 R lens (or the 35-70 f4. ). But it's a thing of beauty and wonder, and having paid for it I'd be sad to see it go (mind you, I'm currently making similar decisions about delicious but lightly used kit).

Thorsten Overgaard has a great article about this fabulous lens. thorsten Overgaard on 35-70 f 2.8 R

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Remember our buy and sell rules folks. I know this lens does spark a lot of interest and I actually owned one. It's outstanding but try to keep this to buyers and sellers. Thanks