The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica R lens Sale, 19mm, 50mm, 28mm, 105-280mm, 180mm APO, 90mm

robsteve

Subscriber
The 19mm is still available. Some of the other lenses are still active on Ebay, ending tomorrow and the next day. Also ending soon, a 21-35mm with Leitax adapter for Nikon, currently $1,275.

robsteve

Subscriber
The 50mm Summicron is sold.

Only the 19mm and 105-280mm left. The 105-280mm is off to Leica for service, so may not be available for a month or so.

robsteve

Subscriber
The 105-280mm is back from Leica Solms, with complete strip down and service, which included replacing the rear element which had cleaning marks. It now has a new test certificate for the service and this service has a one year warranty from Leica. The new price is $6,000, shipped world wide, payment by wire or bank draft.

A couple members have asked to be notified when it came back from service and I have sent them PMs.

These pictures are from prior to the service, but show the general cosmetic shape of the lens.

Last edited:

algrove

Anyone buying from Rob can be assured he is forthright. I have purchased items from him including an R lens and have not been disappointed.

True that. In fact Rob is enjoying the D800e I traded him for a noctilux with some other stuff/cash. It could have been complicated, he made it easy. Great guy to deal with.....Peter

robsteve

Subscriber
Thanks for the compliments. I try to be as careful about selling the lenses as I was about choosing them and buying them.

Here is a shot from years ago with the 105-280mm on film. I was in a blind and the zoom came in handy.

Fleica

What sacrifices,if any,have you made by going with the Nikon? Or, do you feel the nikon telephotos and the 36 megabyte sensor are superior to your old DMR/R system?

robsteve

Subscriber
What sacrifices,if any,have you made by going with the Nikon? Or, do you feel the nikon telephotos and the 36 megabyte sensor are superior to your old DMR/R system?
What brought me to Nikon was this year when my son started playing sports in Junior High. I shot the soccer with the DMR and 400mm and realized once he started indoor sports, the DMR was not up to the high ISO required in the dark gyms. The sale of my Noctilux brought the D800E in trade with a couple lenses and that set my choice for brand/body. I also liked it didn't have the anti-alias filter, like I was used to on my DMR.

In a perfect world, I would have the D800E and a Leica S2 with lenses, but that is way over my budget.

Fleica

What about the r lenses? Couldn't you Leitax adapt them? I was thinking about purchasing your f2.8 400 mm if it didn't work out on the new M, I thought it would work on my 800e. Is the 400 mm r superior in resolution and rendering than a Nikon 2.8 400mm AF?

robsteve

Subscriber
What about the r lenses? Couldn't you Leitax adapt them? I was thinking about purchasing your f2.8 400 mm if it didn't work out on the new M, I thought it would work on my 800e. Is the 400 mm r superior in resolution and rendering than a Nikon 2.8 400mm AF?
The 400mm works well on the D800E. I posted some images from it in the Leica lens on anything but a Leica thread.

I haven't owned the Nikon 400mm, but I hear it is a stellar performer. It is quite expensive. When I had a Canon system and the Canon 400mm f2.8 IS II, the Leica was sharper wide open, the Canon looked sharper stopped down, but the Leica had better detail in the shadows. The Canon may have only looked sharper because of the higher contrast.

G

Graham Willoughby

Is the 19mm still available? Do you have any other pictures of it?