The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB- 8 Element Summicron 35 mm f/2 (no goggles) OR ungoggled Summaron 35 mm f/2.8

ashwinrao1

Anyone have one of these for sale with perfect glass (i.e. no haze, no fungus, minimal to no scratches or cleaning marks), and good mechanics (smooth focus ring)? I am looking for an Ex to mint copy of this lens for use on the Leica M system, and I figured I'd inquire here!

Feel free to PM me with possibilities. I have a perfect buy-sell feedback here...

All the best,
Ashwin

ashwinrao1

Thanks for peoples' emails. I am really only in the market for the v1 Summicron or 2.8 Summaron (both ungoggled). Other "versions" are not on my wish list.

Still looking, though I may have a beat on a 'cron...

Thanks!
Ashwin

ashwinrao1

LOL. Kosta, I definitely wanna join the v1 'cron club. I may end up with a Summaron, but depending on pricing and resources, I hope to share some images with this lovely lens on the MM soon!

Bump, as I am still looking and considering a couple of offers...

1st choice: 35 mm f/2 Summicron v1 (8 element)ungoggled
2nd choic: 35 mm f/2.8 Summaron ungoggled

Prefer perfect optical shape and good mechanics.

Best,
Ashwin

ashwinrao1

After much internal debate, I am narrowing my search to a version 1 summcron 35 mm f/2. If you have one of these, with good glass (no haze, fogging, fungus, or scratches) and mechanics (smooth focusing, snappy aperture), let me know. Cosmetics are otherwise negotiable, but the nicer the better ...I want a functional user that works well.