The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Minolta M-Rokkor 28mm f/2.8 with 6-bit coding

kermaier

My beautiful Minolta 28mm f/2.8 M-Rokkor is up for sale! This lens is very sharp, with excellent (not over-the-top) contrast and great bokeh wide open. The lens also has superb ergonomics and build quality -- equal to the Leica Elmarit-M Aspherical, in my opinion, or even a bit better. :)

Bonus: The mounting flange was modified by DAG last year to bring up the 28/90 frame lines on a Leica M camera body, and he also milled it for 6-bit coding. (It's currently coded as an Elmarit 28/2.8 pre-aspherical.)

The condition of the lens is excellent across the board:

Cosmetics: Very little paint wear to speak of.

Mechanics: Overhauled last year by DAG, and he gave special attention to making the focus smooth and well-damped. Aperture ring movement is perfect, and the diaphragm is clean.

Optics: A few light cleaning marks/scratches in the coating of the front element and one or two very small dirt specks behind the front element, but there's no way any of that will affect your pictures. The glass was serviced twice by John Van Stelten at FocalPoint -- once a couple of years ago to get rid of the typical coating spots; and once a couple of weeks ago to clean out some haze that was causing bad flare in direct sunlight.

Included: Original vented hood (bayonet mount, reversible); original front cap; generic M rear cap.

Basically, you're getting a lens approximately the same size as an Elmarit-M Aspherical, as good or better handling, with optical performance maybe a notch lower -- for about $1000 less. (So why am I selling it? Well, I already have an Elmarit-M Apherical, as well as 3 other modern and vintage 28mm lenses, and something has to go....)

I'm asking $745.

Shipping (USPS Priority Mail insured) within the continental US is included; other destinations will be additional at cost.

The last two photo attachements are samples on my R-D1s:
- Japanese Maple -- ISO 200 at f/4
- Waiting for the Doctor -- ISO 400 at f/2.8

kermaier

C'mon, you know you want it! It's a really sweet lens -- I might decide to keep it and offer up my Elmarit-M instead.....