The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for Sony NEX-5N (body only)

V

Vivek

I am looking for Sony NEX-5N bodies. Need to be shipped to Maxmax. Body with the body cap and nothing else (no charger, battery, flash, etc).

This is for a monochrome project and most will end up scrap.*

If you have a currently unused NEX-5N body and are willing to ship to a location other than where I am at an affordable price, please PM.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Vivek.

* I am unlikely to see a functional camera out of a 3-4 NEX-5N sensors after the attempts at the monochrome conversion.
(I consider it a donation).

For the greater good- if MaxMax gains the expertise at stripping the Bayer dyes off of a Sony sensor, anyone would be able to order one from them.

So, please be generous with any offers.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Bump.

(To clarify- the proposed monochrome conversion is not like the ones offered by most for IR. It is a bit more involved and is destructive.)

mbroomfield

I don't have a body to offer Vivek, but I wonder if they could do the work (testing) on older Nex 5 or Nex 3, or even 3C bodies.. all cheaper than the 5N

Regards

V

Vivek

Mike, I appreciate your post as you have understood the nature of this project.

Yes, in principle, you are correct.

These are the reason why I stick to 5N:

1. Though there is an increase in pixel count, the 5N's sensor is a radically new design. Same active area of photo sensor and a lot more energy efficient. This would also indicate that the Bayer dyes and the micro lens array are different.

2. Though the C3 apparently has the same sensor as the 5N, the board that is attached to the sensor, outputs less channels. It is just not the first curtain shutter that is different.

I do have a C3 and 5N (cameras) and a NEX-7 sensor that I will eventually be sending off to MaxMax. A390's sensor, unfortunately, is a 14MP CCD, again quite different.

So, with or without anyone else' help, this is going to go ahead. :)

Last edited:
V

Vivek

While pushing this up, let me add that any NEX cams will be considered, for now.

Thanks.:)

V

Vivek

I thank Jeremy for a 5n sale. Despite unforeseen tragedy, he came through with his word. Thank you!

The project is getting traction with MaxMax enthused with the initial NEX cams available to them (so far 3- two of the directly from me). :thumbs: