The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Camera and Computer Donations needed

aboudd

I am teaching photography at the Duke Ellington School for the Arts in Washington D.C.. As with all public schools, everything is underfunded, especially the photo program. None of the cameras are DSLRs. The computers are older Windows versions running CS3. The situation is grave.

Being that this is the season for giving, if any of you have a working DSLR that you are not using, please donate it. The megapixel count is not relevant, nor is the cosmetic condition. It just needs to be a working body with a basic lens.

I am also in need of iMac computers for the photo lab, and donations of Photoshop Elements 10 or 11 for Mac. The school does have 503c designation so your donation will be tax deductible. This is chance for you to share your love for photography and encourage some young emerging artists.

If you can help out, please contact me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi Aboud,

Nice to see you here. It's been too long since we met or chatted.

I've made a post (for tomorrow) on my blog, to hopefully engage a contribution or two.

Reed
DMC-365.blogspot.com

aboudd

Thanks Benroy for your generous donation, the kids will make good use of the lens and software.

We still need DSLRs, lenses and especially tripods.

I know the rest of you have gear you ares not using. If you donate it to the Duke Ellington School for the Arts you get a tax deduction. C'mon guys and girls, share the love! Send me an email and let me know what you can give. [email protected]