The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Avenon Wide 28/3.5 LTM

kuujinbo

Excellent condition. Included is a Voigtlander Leica Screw Mount to Leica M bayonet adapter with rear M Lens Cap - TYPE II 28/90.

$475 - price includes PayPal fees and US Priority shipping with insurance. Sorry, U.S. only please.

A few more images here. Please take a look at the last two photos at that link, there is some very minor paint loss in a couple areas, but we're talking millimeters.

This is a tiny lens, more or less half the height of a double-A/AA battery.

This is the 10 aperture blade version. During the time I was searching for the lens, it was the only one I found with 10 blades. Even the information here doesn't mention a 10-blade version, and the ones listed on eBay now are all 6-blade versions.

menos

Ahh - too late …

Ashwin, should you get tired of the lens, let me know ;-)
I am searching for a nice sample of this one for a while - love my 21 Avenon and would like to try the 28mm out as well.
This one looks like a beauty in terms of contrast, sharpness and also built quality. Classic lens!

ashwinrao1

Hi Dirk, will do. It'll be great to pick this up locally. I'll send along photos on one of the threads here or at RFF to show it off on the MM...

By the way, the seller, kuujinbo, is a really great guy. I look forward to meeting up!

menos

Thanks Ashwin, really looking forward to some shots on the Mono - maybe in a wedding shoot?
This lens is a beauty - really well made in black paint and has a beautiful natural light fall off (which I love, while others not).

Congrats to kuujinbo for the sale - may I ask, if the lens is complete in it's set with leather box and finder + caps and hood or is it lens only in this case?

Btw - I too have never seen a 10 blade version myself ;-)

kuujinbo

Congrats to kuujinbo for the sale - may I ask, if the lens is complete in it's set with leather box and finder + caps and hood or is it lens only in this case?

Btw - I too have never seen a 10 blade version myself ;-)
Thanks - it's lens only with front/rear (I think generic) caps. The person I bought it from wasn't sure about the caps when I asked, but having looked at a bunch on the big auction site, that's my best guess. There isn't that much information on the Internet on this one...

xtianyves

Congrats on the lens Ashwin. I guess I was too late in reading the response. If you ever drive up here to Vancouver maybe you can show me the lens ;)

kuujinbo

Congrats on the lens Ashwin. I guess I was too late in reading the response. If you ever drive up here to Vancouver maybe you can show me the lens ;)
Sorry about that. When you asked if the samples were shot with a M9 I thought that's the camera you were planning to use it with and decided to pass when I confirmed the shots were with a NEX-5N, which does a little better with the color shift on wide/semi-wide lenses.

xtianyves

No need to be sorry kuujinbo. I missed the response from being too busy in general (read: my 2-yr old).

I just got an NEX-6 actually. Saving up for an M9/M9P still. I just loved how this lens rendered in "3D" on your 5N!

Maggie O

Dang it, Ashwin! You gotta stop hoovering up all the goodies around here! :ROTFL:

Congrats! Looking forward to your work with the little beastie! :thumbup: