Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Leica Summilux 35mm ASPH (pre-FLE), DR Summicron, Super-Angulon, 90mm Cron

Post Thanks / Like

FS: Leica Summilux 35mm ASPH (pre-FLE), DR Summicron, Super-Angulon, 90mm Cron

Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH (pre-FLE version). I bought it new in 2008. The OEM hood got crunched in my camera bag and has a piece broken off, but optically there are no issues with the lens. So I'll include a generic vented 46mm hood as well. It is 6-bit coded. There is some paint wear around the aperture ring. Price for the lens is $3500. Includes original box, leather case.

50mm Dual Range Summicron f/2 - Includes original box, goggles, front and rear caps. Excellent condition. Bought from Tamarkin. I hate to let this one go, but have a 50mm Summilux now and I can't justify keeping both. (And no, the M3 pictured with the lens is not included in the sale!) $1000

21mm Super-Angulon f/3.4 in chrome. This is an older lens, and shows some wear. The previous owner blacked out writing - "Leitz/Wetzlar" and "Super-Angulon" on the face of the lens with marker. When I bought it there was some wiggle in the front element, but that was corrected by Sherry Krauter. Includes hood and rear cap. $1000.

21mm Leitz Finder, plastic. Great shape, $200. Can be had along with the S-A for $1150.

90mm Summicron - This is the Canadian Summicron with the 48mm filter size and built-in tripod thread and hood. Received a new lens mount from Leica NJ in 2010, but is not 6-bit coded. $650.

Leica grip for M8/M9/M-E in black, $100.

I realize the price of the 35mm Lux ASPH is out of reach to a lot of folks (and probably to me when I bought it), but would be willing to entertain trades to help offset the cost. Would be interested in the Zeiss 100m f/2 Macro in a Nikon F mount, the Zeiss 28mm f/2 in a Nikon F mount, a 21mm or 18mm M lens that will play well with a digital M, or a good user M6. Would prefer to trade with someone local to the NYC area.

All prices net to me -- consider shipping insurance cost. I'd be more than happy to meet with local buyers to work out a deal, but for shipping I am going to insist on a method (UPS preferred, FedEx also an option) that provides detailed tracking and insurance. Would prefer a US buyer as I've found international shipping costs to be prohibitive.

Photos here: 2012-09-22 - M8 Sale Pics - jimfisher's Photos | SmugMug

And the DR Cron here: Getting in Close with a Rangefinder: The Leica Summicron DR 50mm f/2 | Daguerreotyping

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Leica Summilux 35mm ASPH (pre-FLE), DR Summicron, Super-Angulon, 90mm Cron

Requested via PM, some additional photos of the DR Cron -- if anyone would like more detailed shots of any of the other lenses/items, please let me know and I'll be happy to do the same for them:

2013-01-13 - DR Cron - jimfisher's Photos | SmugMug

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Leica Summilux 35mm ASPH (pre-FLE), DR Summicron, Super-Angulon, 90mm Cron

Any wear on the optics of the Super angulon? Or just cosmetic/barrel wear? Is it a chrome SA or black?
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Ashwin,

The S-A is chrome. I can see some tiny specks of dust in the lens, but the optics are clean otherwise. Here's everything I've shot with it:

jimfisher's Photos : Photo Keywords : leica super angulon 21mm f3.4* | SmugMug

Apologies that the shots aren't my best, I tend to struggle with compositions that wide. Always did better with the lens on my M8, but it has found a new home already.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything is still available.

Post Thanks / Like

nice [email protected] and love the write up on the DR cron. the images are excellent. wish I got to shoot kodachrome (*sigh*)

Post Thanks / Like

The 21mm Leitz finder has been sold, but the other items are still available.

Post Thanks / Like

The 35mm Summilux ASPH has been sold.

But I now have a 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH E46 (0.7m focusing version) in black available for sale. There's a small paint chip in the exterior of the built-in hood (will post a photo when I get home), but otherwise in excellent shape. Price is $2700, same terms as the other items.

Photos of all the items for sale: http://jimfisher.smugmug.com/2012/20...1815&k=kgW8QWJ
    Last edited by jpfisher; 30th January 2013 at 16:24.

Post Thanks / Like

Price cuts:

E46 50mm Summilux Pre-ASPH - $2550
    DR Summicron - $950
    Super-Angulon - $950
    90mm Summicron - $600