Site Sponsors

Thread: SOLD: Summitar 5cm f2 multi-coated w/round aperture

Post Thanks / Like

SOLD: Summitar 5cm f2 multi-coated w/round aperture

I am selling a multi-coated 5cm f2 Summitar, a highly desired 10 aperture blades version in a very nice shape. Love the rendering from this lens, very nice for a short portrait lens, but I need money now.

There are no coating marks, fungus, haze, separation etc, only a few dust specks. The glass is easily MINT-. A little bit of oil on the aperture blades, but it has not got worse in many years I had it.

Focus and collapsing are smooth, aperture nice. Distance scale in meters. I have a green Summitar filter, original front cap, third-party rear cap and E39 filter adapter. Good to go without CLA for many years to come.

Consinder it's shape, I'm asking $500 or 370 EUR for those in EU. You do get what you pay for. Insured overseas shipping 20$. The IIIf RD is not for sale (unless you want to make an offer I can't resist in excess of 800 EUR for the kit )

While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see. - Dorothea Lange

Post Thanks / Like

re: SOLD: Summitar 5cm f2 multi-coated w/round aperture

Bump
    360 EUR
    While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see. - Dorothea Lange

Post Thanks / Like

Price reduced to 330 EUR / 442 USD.
    It won't get cheaper than that!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, was the Summitar recoated at some point outside the factory, and are all the elements multicoated? You don't tend to see many with multicoating.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello. I believe this is the original factory coating, at least that's what the previous owner told me. Front element looks multi-coated to my eye, but I'm not an expert. If you check the following link:
    Rangefinderforum.com - View Single Post - I think i want a summitar...which one?
    my lens looks the same as middle sample. The s/n is 588 822. The rear element looks single-coated but again I'm not an expert. Will try to do some further research about that.

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

shipping is now included into the price!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. I`ve given it some thought and I have an offer on the Summitar, send me a PM and we can discuss details.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, sent!

Post Thanks / Like

Still available for 310 EUR, shipping extra!

Post Thanks / Like

No interest for Summitar out there?

Post Thanks / Like

That is $400 now, shipping and paypal extra.

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

bump for a nice lens.

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

bump
    maybe I should just keep it for my IIIf and sell when the times get better.

Post Thanks / Like

There's no time like the present!

Post Thanks / Like

Sold!