The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: (UK/EU) Canon 50mm 1.4 USM Lens

Ben Rubinstein

Hi,

Well if I've bought the 50L then I'm afraid that my wonderful 50mm 1.4 has to go. Incredible copy of the lens, the only one I've never had to send in to canon for focus calibration. Sharp at f1.4, sharper and great bokeh by 1.8 and by 2.8 beats any other canon lens I own including all the L zooms and even the 50L! Been used from pro wedding work (my most used lens) to street to fine art and portraiture. Small, light and just so versatile.

Slight scuff mark on the front near the '50mm', a tiny chip on the back, the glare on the lens contact plate is just a reflection.

Comes boxed with both caps and a e-bay bayonet hood which has been on the lens for the past 5 years to protect the delicate focusing barrel. Glass is clean and I cannot see internal dust from a normal inspection. Slight outgassing marks on the rubber focus ring as is normal with lenses after a few years.

I hope this wonderful lens can find a good home!

£220 + £10 Special Delivery or £15 AirSure insured service to the EU.

Ben Rubinstein

Please note that the white marks on the focusing ring have been cleaned off, it was just UV marks apparently and came off easily, the ring is now like new. I will try and get new pics up soon.