The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca-Swiss M-Line Two MF camera - Mint Condition ++

gazwas

A new year and I have decided to try and sell my Arca-Swiss M-Line Two MF camera. Purchased from a Arca dealer in the UK, the camera has had very little indoor only use. The camera has been kept wrapped up in a padded Pelican case so is in pristine, like new condition. Comes boxed, complete with the standard bellows and thinner, 'N' ground glass.

To purchase new in the UK these cameras cost £3700. I am asking £2500 including PayPal fees, plus delivery (at cost).

Feel free to ask any question.

Gareth

torger

Feel free to ask any question.
I'm pleased with my current camera, but I'm asking here for a friend: what extra parts do you need to get this camera shooting-ready?

Apart from digital back (of course) I'm assuming you need an adapter plate for the digital back, and a lens with lens board (plus synch cable). Am I forgetting something?

To shoot you would attach the ground glass, set up and focus, detach the ground glass, attach the digital back and take the shot, right?

I guess the ground glass has a metal frame which is the same size and fastening as the adapter plate frame, so one keep the back attached to the adapter plate and attach/remove the plate with back, same with glass, right?

(Another alternative would be to buy a sliding back, but that is a bit more expensive.)

gazwas

Hi torger

All you will need to get shooting is as you say, an adapter plate for your digital back fitting and a sync cable from your back to the lens PC socket. As for lens panels, Arca 110mm panels are relatively inexpensive but if your friend is interested I might be persuaded to through one in to get them up and running.

Shooting/focusing procedure is as you pointed out and adding a Rotaslide is a very valid option to speed the change over up. I've never felt I needed one but I do know they are an excellent piece of equipment. You can also use the rail measurements to set the focus up very quickly when changing lenses if you make notes for each of your lenses.

Below is a picture of the GG and its frame that is fully removed to mount the digital back or film magazine and a second with the whole thing removed. The adapter plate fits in the same way as all Arca cameras with a little rotating wheel that automatically locks when you press the GG/back adapter/Rotaslide etc against it. Excellent and very simple locking mechanise.

Any more info or if your friend would like some more pictures let me know.

Gareth

gazwas

Bump ^^

Price reduction to £2395.

This is a real bargain for basically a new camera.

Last edited: