The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Snow [FREE]

Shashin

Free, but I have to pick it up? That's ridiculous! I can get it for free AND have it shipped from so-and-so! And his snow is pure-white, not yellow! How can you call it mint?

:D
I change if I have to pick it up, shovel it, or handle it an any way.

I don't call it mint, that comes in the summer. This is snow.

Shashin

I represent a Nigerian king who want buy all snow but he only have a one billion dollar note. Can he put billion dollar note in your bank account to pay for snow and you send him snow and change? He very honest king he no cheat you and billion dollar note is real cos he get it from honest king of Somalia when buy clouds. You send bank account details and king deposit bank note, You make lots cash real quick.
I just sold it to a Lady whose husband was the finance minister on the Congo who had $3M in the bank account when we died and she would only trust me with the transfer.

However, I still have a bridge you may be interested in...

Shashin

I'm afraid I'm a bit far away for a pickup . . . but I'm worried about you . . . tell me you aren't trying to cut it with a lawnmower?
You English, you are too funny. That is a toaster with extra-long handles.

I remember being in Tokyo with one of their snow "storms." They had a very ingenious way of removing the snow--they hooked up a hose to the hot water tap and washed it away. Now why didn't I think of that?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Will you do a trade against the coming autumn's monsoon flooding? It comes preheated to 31ºC and is only marginally polluted...

Shashin

And such a tempting offer. My last apartment in Japan had a water tower on the roof that got quite a bit of solar energy. The "cold" water was 32C in the sumer. Not only did this make developing film fun, it made the lettuce in salad so much softer when you washed it.

Farnz

I'm very suspicious because until yesterday I had snow too but it mysteriously went missing during the day even though I was watching it most of the time.

If you can't provide evidence of where you got your snow from I'll have to call the cops and ask them to find out if you stole my snow. Offering my snow for free so that you make no financial profit is no excuse because it was my property!

Mine was a kind of snowy white colour, what colour is yours, eh?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And such a tempting offer. My last apartment in Japan had a water tower on the roof that got quite a bit of solar energy. The "cold" water was 32C in the sumer. Not only did this make developing film fun, it made the lettuce in salad so much softer when you washed it.
The Bangkok monsoon water already contains all chemicals needed for photo development (Kodachrome included :shocked: ). Think about all the monies that will save you. Is there an international warranty following your snow, or is it valid in the US only. I've heard some rumours about long term stability.

D&A

I only want to know one thing and one thing only. When all this snow finally melts and goes away, can we finally close this thread? LOL! :)

Dave (D&A)

Double Negative

Not Available
I ordered snow online once and feel I got screwed. All that came in the mail was a wet box. I have a case open with the shipper. YMMV.

D&A

Rumor has it (on good authority) that another "pending" snowstorm may be heading towards the Northeast, once again. If that's the case, I'd urge the moderators to consider closing this thread perminantly, before that happens. If that 2nd snowstorm materializes and the OP tries to sell snow from this additional storm..it will be analogous to a seller trying to sell a lens or camera that they already sold previously. Although some would say he/she (can we really be sure if Shashin's a "he? :)) obtained additonal samples to sell...but we all know that rarely happens! We've all heard that line before, haven't we? Caveat emptor...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Shashin

I believe you guys are really over-thinking this thing...

But...

Maybe I will offer a deal on black flies, ticks, and mosquitoes this summer. Maybe someone will bite.

LOL

Farnz

Great. There goes the resale value of my snow! I swear, my older snow has character!
Sounds like you may be a snow collector who prefers refrigerator shelf queen snow instead of using snow as it was intended. My advice is to get out and use that snow: form it into balls and launch at a passer-by; spread it on the ground, lie in it and make angels; buy a toboggan and slide like there's no tomorrow ... your snow will love you for it.