The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

W-Nikkor 28mm f/3.5 LTM lens plus filters

kermaier

The ongoing process of trimming down my lens collection continues!

Here is a very nice, and fairly hard to find, W-Nikkor.C 2.8cm f/3.5 lens in Leica mount.
As with most of my hoard, it pains me to give this up, but I just find myself using my other 28s, and this great, classic lens just sits in the drawer.

The lens has seen plenty of use in its time, with many little nicks and scuffs to the chrome finish, and a few cleaning marks on the glass. It received a complete strip-down overhaul at Essex Camera Repair last year, so it's in really good working condition:
Glass is clean of any haze or fungus, with very little dust (and the aforementioned cleaning marks, which I can't see adversely impacting IQ).
Focus turns smoothly throughout the range.
Aperture works smoothly, with good click-stops; diaphragm is clean of oil, with light wear at the blade edges.

I also have two filters in the nearly impossible to find size of 34.5mm, which the W-Nikkor 28/3.5 takes:

Yellow -- This has a chrome rim and is marked "Y48 34.5mm Nikon", and comes is a cracked, but fully functional, original Nippon Kogaku plastic case. The filter glass has a decent number of coating marks/rubs/etc., but should work fine.

Orange -- This has a black rim, and looks to be of later vintage than the yellow filter. It is marked only "O56", but it is 34.5mm (fits the lens correctly), which only Nikon used AFAIK. The orange filter is extremely clean. Comes in a very clean Nippon Kogaku plastic case, though I think this filter was probably originally part of a Nikon telescope adapter set.

Prices:
W-Nikkor 2.8cm f/3.5 -- $615 including shipping within the continental US (other destinations extra at cost)
Chrome Y48 filter -- $35 plus shipping
Black O46 filter -- $65 plus shipping
Or, take the lens and both filters for $700 shipped CONUS.

Administrivia:
Payment is via PayPal, or cash if you want meet in person in NYC or North NJ.
Shipping is via USPS (Priority Mail insured for the lens, 1st Class Mail for the filters), or FedEx Ground insured.
If you're interested, I have plenty of feedback over at RangefinderForum (same username) and eBay (dogleg31).

kermaier

OK, how about a price drop:
$585 including shipping in CONUS for the lens
$30 plus shipping for the yellow filter
$55 plus shipping for the orange filter
$640 including shipping for the whole kit
::Ari

V

Vivek

The filters are sold, pending payment....
I am very thankful for the sale! They fit my W-Nikkor-C 2.5cm f/4 lens (though they were not meant for it at all), perfectly making the use much more versatile! :)