The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD:NEC LCD3090WQXi-BK 30 inch wide gamut monitor

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Im actually going to get a smaller monitor with my new desk im a little too big.

Now they dont make this model currently but do make a newer version with the Spectra Calibration software and puck like this one.

NEC LCD3090WQXi-BK This is with the SpectraView software and the puck . Plus I am also including the Apple Dual DVI adapter
Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

Here are the specs on it.
NEC MultiSync LCD3090WQXi-BK LCD Monitor

29.8 inch LCD Flat Panel Monitor Display
97.8% coverage of AdobeRGB (102% color gamut size vs. NTSC [1953])
Auto Luminance control with X-Light™ Pro backlight/sensor design for consistent brightness and color
ColorComp™ technology compensates for slight variations in luminance and color uniformity, providing even color across the screen
IPS active matrix LCD provides superior screen performance, including wide viewing angles, lifelike flesh tones and dark black levels
Supports internal programmable 12-bit lookup tables (LUTs) for calibration
High resolution (up to 2560 x 1600) allows for more content to be displayed on a single monitor

Gain a new perspective on your desktop with the 30" NEC MultiSync LCD3090WQXi-BK, a widescreen LCD display loaded with advanced technologies and features. Your productivity will soar with this model’s wide-format (16:10) design, which provides roughly the same work area as two smaller-sized displays and allows you to simultaneously view/work in multiple application windows. Achieve unrivaled color performance with a wide color gamut, a 12-bit lookup table, and X-Light™ Pro and ColorComp™ technologies.

Product Specifications
Viewable Image Size 30" (29.8)
Pixel Pitch .251mm
Pixels Per Inch 101
Brightness 350 cd/m²
Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Viewing Angle 89°/89°/89°/89°
Response Time 6ms G-T-G (12 ms)
Synchronization Range (H) 24.0 - 93.8 KHz
Synchronization Range (V) Video band width / Pixel Clock: 25.2 MHz to 268.5 MHz(DualLink)
Input Signal (Video) ANALOG RGB: 0.7 Vp-p/75 Ohms
Input Signal (Sync) Separate Sync: TTL Level (Positive/Negative)
Composite sync: TTL Level (Positive/Negative)
Composite sync on green: (0.3 Vp-p negative 0.7Vp-p positive)
Input Connectors DVI-D (HDCP), DVI-I (digital/analog)
Native Resolution 2560 x1600 @ 60 Hz
Power Consumption (On) 143W
Power Savings Mode 1.3W
Dimensions (WxHxD) w/stand 27.1" x 18.8 - 26.3" x 13.5" 687.3 x 478.6 -668.6 x 342.8mm
Dimensions (WxHxD) no stand 27.1" x 17.6" x 5.0" 687.3 x 446.8 x 126mm
Weight w/stand 40.7 lbs / 18.5kg
Weight no stand 31.9 lbs / 14.5 kg
VESA Hole Configuration 100 x 100mm and 200 x 100mm
Warranty 4 years / 48 hour exchange
Additional Features Ultra-thin frame (bezel), No Touch Auto Adjust, NaViSet software, tilt, VESA Mount, sRGB, tilt, swivel, height-adjustable stand (190mm), pivot, quick-release stand, vacation switch, 12-bit LUTs, black level adjustment, AmbiBright, ColorComp, overdrive, Eco-Mode, real-time clock, X-Light Pro, Analog/Digital CableComp, TileMatrix, TileComp, GammaComp MD software, standalone calibration, SpectraView software-enabled, Windows Vista Premium-certified

I am asking 1600 for it. Shipping is 75 dollars . US only

Guy Mancuso

Re: FS:NEC LCD3090WQXi-BK 30 inch wide gamut

FYI this is a amazing monitor and anyone that wants a great color calibrated monitor in wide gamut that is amazing to use than NEC is what you want and every bit as good as the Eizo. This is in excellent condition and very clean.

Guy Mancuso

Would love local pickup and that would save all the shipping costs. I am even willing to travel by car up to 150 miles and deliver it.

I'm even thinking of selling my very high top end 15 inch MBP. Contact me on that one

Guy Mancuso

So you spend tens of thousands on camera gear but you really don't know what a RGB file actually looks like. This monitor you can see that.

Go BIG or go home. Lol

Looks similar to this with puck and calibration software

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Re: FS:NEC LCD3090WQXi-BK 30 inch wide gamut monitor

The NEC 30 is a great monitor. Guy is right. I have one and it is just superb at color rendition, and the calibration is a breeze. IMHO it is as good or better than that the Apple Cinema 30, which is no longer made.

jstaben

I'd love one of these for my Monochrom! However, my wife would have my *#*(#!! if I brought one home!

Guy Mancuso

My famous line . Easier to beg for mercy than asking permission. The baseball bat pain is short lived.

Ill throw in a helmet . No kidding

jstaben

My famous line . Easier to beg for mercy than asking permission. The baseball bat pain is short lived.

Ill throw in a helmet . No kidding
True Guy the motto for this forum!

Problem is, she doesn't even know about the Monochrom yet! :eek:

She's not keen enough to recognize that it's different from my chrome M9P. Good thing she's not a techie!

Guy Mancuso

It's 3 years old as I just looked it up . 1250.00

Guy Mancuso

Still lurking here. I guess everyone has a RGB wide gamut monitor.

Guy Mancuso

Guess i should do a lottery and give this away. 1175.00 this is a steal beyond belief.

Vlad

What a steal, wow.

I just picked up a similar NEC model from B&H a week ago and I can not stress how brilliant and accurate the color reproduction is, coming from a 30" Apple screen.

Someone pick this up.

Guy Mancuso

What amazes me is this is the most important factor in seeing your amazing images. Forget buying a lens see what your images really look like. This depresses me that folks are not interested In real color management.

kitsVA

I have the 27" model and a what a joy it is to view your pictures in all glory on these NECs.