The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Retirement Sale! Hasselblad H4D/60 System

fotografz

:eek:

OMG! Can it be true?

Yes, I got older :cry: Turned 68 on Feb 6th, and have been replacing body parts as fast as they fall apart. The price of fully living I guess.

I've been maintaining a full studio doing commercial, wedding and portrait work full-time ever since retiring from my advertising career. With the economy still sputtering along and no end in sight, I've found that you really have to bust a hump to succeed.

Frankly, I do not need something else "busting" on me :ROTFL:

Time to back off and pursue other more gentlemanly creative interests :cool:. I will still do limited work for hire like select weddings, and continue with a few long time commercial clients ... but discontinue with other clients, and no longer actively solicit new work.

The first avenue of trimming down will be my beloved Hasselbald H system. :bugeyes: Others to follow.

Attached is a list of everything I can think of all priced very nicely for GetDpi.

The Camera/Back must sell first, then I will sell the separate items. However, if you are interested in an item at the price listed shoot me a PM, and I'll collect them to respond once the H4D/60 sells.

The H4D/60 has been a pampered studio baby, and only has 2,300 shots on it.

See attached Jpg for descriptions and pricing ... also there is a Word Document that will download to your desktop for printing if you click on it.

Pricing is net to me.

Shipping will be a flat $20 per item, $50 for the camera. ConUs only please. (Overseas buyers considered if arrangements can be made to ship to a US address).

Payment by bank transfer, checks accepted but will have to clear prior to shipping.

I have an excellent Buy/Sell track record here, including many high-end/high ticket items.

-Marc

fotografz

Wow, I guess you finally made the Hassy/S choice! Congrats!

Must...restrain...myself.
Wasn't really a H or S decision. More of a retirement "repotting" experiment with an emphasis on my Leica M system. I won't be upgrading the S2 to a S either ... just converting all my S lenses to CS versions. The S2 is such a nice image compliment to the M kit.

However, I just did some tethered studio shots with the H4D/60 and HTS/1.5 using extension tubes and the 100/2.2 .... and it reminded me just how good this kit is compared to anything else I have.

So, it ain't over with the H system until the "Fat Wallet Sings" :ROTFL:

-Marc

RVB

You will miss it when it's gone... ;-) (if it goes,of course..)

I left my H4d-50 with a dealer to sell when I ordered the new S.. I took it back in the end and I am glad I did..

Robert

fotografz

You will miss it when it's gone... ;-) (if it goes,of course..)

I left my H4d-50 with a dealer to sell when I ordered the new S.. I took it back in the end and I am glad I did..

Robert
That is still a possibility.

I had to set some priorities based on a narrower retirement situation (thanks to the withering wall-street and banking fiasco which didn't leave me enough time to recover prior to retiring from my ad career), Priorities which include medical bills, maintaining my home, and doing some travel.

However, some gear like carefully bought Leica M lenses are almost like money in the bank and provide a ton of fun ... where money in the bank currently is earning close to nothing, and is zero fun ;)

So, I could just keep the H stuff and continue using it in the studio where it trounces the S system in almost every way.

However, I'd love to see this in the hands of someone that would more fully use it ... it really is quite special.

We'll see.

-Marc

RVB

That is still a possibility.

I had to set some priorities based on a narrower retirement situation (thanks to the withering wall-street and banking fiasco which didn't leave me enough time to recover prior to retiring from my ad career), Priorities which include medical bills, maintaining my home, and doing some travel.

However, some gear like carefully bought Leica M lenses are almost like money in the bank and provide a ton of fun ... where money in the bank currently is earning close to nothing, and is zero fun ;)

So, I could just keep the H stuff and continue using it in the studio where it trounces the S system in almost every way.

However, I'd love to see this in the hands of someone that would more fully use it ... it really is quite special.

We'll see.

-Marc
I understand all these points very well,especially the medical bills,I had a Motorcyle accident many years ago and continue to pay the price every day,6 operations already and still migraines and eye pain 24/7 .. a real nuisance .. I have to head over to the states again for another op in a few weeks.. It has battered me to a pulp ..lol

Still it's a short life and we should enjoy it as much as possible..

I hope you make the best decision either way.. one thing I would miss with the blad is the aspect ratio.I like it a lot..

Best

Rob

engel001

Sooner or later we all will need to make difficult decisions and downsize. I know your passion for photography will continue to inspire us even without this particular kit. Best of luck! - Christopher

fotografz

Update:

Some individual items will be released for sale without the Camera/Back selling first.

Stay tuned.

-Marc

fotografz

Individual items now available separate from sale of camera (which is still FS).

HCD-28/4 lens ...... SOLD!

HC-120/4 Macro .... $3,000.

HC-210/4 Lens ..... $2,950.

HC-1503.2N lens ... $2,795 (This is the latest "N" version of this excellent portrait lens).

-Marc

Last edited:

fotografz

Fresh Prices:

H4D/60 kit. 2,300 actuations on the body/digital magazine. Comes with all factory accessories in box ... plus additional grip battery.

Price is $16,900 body/mag ... or $17,500 with 80mm.

Also selling:

Latest version of the HC-150N/3.2, mint in box ... $2,800

HC-120/4 Macro, E++ condition, in box ... $2,900

HC-210/4, mint in box ... $2,900

HC-80/2.8 mint, no box, (if not sold with camera) ... $750

Also have a Rollie Xact-II, 6X9 studio view camera with regular bellows and W/A bellows, plus Kapture Group H mount sliding adapter ... $2,900 for everything.

Currently prefer selling to USA buyers, but will consider overseas buyers if they have a US shipping address they can use then have it forwarded however they wish.

Shipping is Ground UPS at a flat $70 for lenses, and $100 for the camera.

Payment via wire transfer ... I am a Bank of America customer and anyone that is also BOA can transfer instantly. Other forms of payment except credit cards considered. Contact me for details.

Marc Williams
Fotografz, LLC
[email protected]
(248) 855-4475